Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Kaneohe Sunburst Still Blooming...

Have a wonderful day!!!

Laura

Comments (15)

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    9 years ago

Looks like you were out in the middle of the night photographing this one. I wonder what your neighbors are thinking? Hah!

Great flower form on that one. Is it a good bloomer? Or one of those 'sporadic' ones?

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Just Beautiful. Barb

• rox146
    9 years ago

Laura...a stunning photograph of a real winner. Love the contrast. roxanne

• phalanx_viridis
    9 years ago

great lighting! one of my fast favorites for its petal shape and scent...nice job!

-stephen

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Dave!

Lol.. They know when I come home and turn on the lights even at 3 am. I also get the flash light out too! Wonder what they do think.. Naaaa! It's a habit and I love seeing what I will find.. It will not stop. ;-).

I did take this picture at night it's only the ambient light from the side light from the patio.. I really like the look...

This tree has been blooming all summer and I would say it is a prolific bloomer with a wonderful fragrance. ( I sent you an email ). It has been a favorite of mine all summer.

Thank you Barb!! Much appreciated !!!

Hi Roxanne ! Coming from a professional Photographer, I will graciously say " mahalo Nui loa". Wow!! ;-). I loved it too!

Hi Stephen!! Thank you so much!! I'm looking out my window and can see two inflos still blooming. It loves it here!! It did take its time to bloom though .. Three years, but it was worth the wait !! Have a wonderful day!!!

Laura

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Simply beautiful, Laura! Thanks, and have a wonderful day, too!!

• Andrew Scott
    9 years ago

Love your blooms Laura! Hopefully someday I will get to see mine bloom. Maybe next summer we will make up for this cold summer.

Andrew

Original Author
    9 years ago

Still blooming...

Laura

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Wow, Laura! It looks like you will be enjoying Kaneohe Sunburst for quite awhile! The inflo in back looks like it's about to go off, too! Congratulations! Soooo pretty!!!

Have a great weekend!
    Wendi

• elucas101
    9 years ago

GORGEOUS Laura!! KSunburst is one of my first plumies and one of my true faves!! Your pictures are beautiful, thanks so much for posting those!

My KS has been a great bloomer and right now is blooming on 2 or 3 tips with several blooms open at once, not just a single here or there, so for me that is a big plus. You have to see the flowers in person to really get the electric color contrast of the fuschia and orange, it's spectacular!!

• Grandy4
    9 years ago

Beautiful color. Fell in love with Plumerias when I lived in Hawaii and like the idea that they grow good in FL outdoors. If you get any seeds from this plant I would love to have some. You can contact me at broncograndy@verizon.net. I'm bad about getting cuttings from people who don't know the name of the tree but I don't care as long as it's a beautiful flower. And I may have something you want.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Wendi.. Is hasn't stopped all summer. It is going nuts!! I am loving it and that's for sure. I check it every day and it is still pushing like you wouldn't believe, especially here in Virginia!!

Thank you so much Emily.. I owe you an email. Lots of thing going on. K is having heart issues again. ;-( so I, keeping my head straight and trying to keep things on the right path for her and Landon. Ill send you an email soon.. Im on vacation now and it is helping with taking care of the trees and just being around the family ;-)

I love SS too.. It sure is a beauty Thank you!! You are so right. The pictures don't do it justice. That is for sure...

Have a wonderful night. ill be around soon.. Xo

grandy. If it does have a seed
    Of, I will put you on the list.. Lol. Are you thinking I will get seed pods of this beauty? I hope you are right!! Lol?. Deal..

take care,

Laura.

Original Author
    9 years ago

My back small deck. Love the blooms..

Laura

• rox146
    9 years ago

Love it Laura!

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Laura,
    Gorgeous!! Love KS, one of my favs!! Yours still has good colors, and looks large... I know you love the big ones.

Thanks for sharing...
    :)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor