Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did anyone else get the email from upland nursery?

Posted by honeybunny2 Z9TX (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 16:03

I got an emaiil from upland nursery. Stating they are on vacation in Manila PHillippines, and were mugged, and all cash and credit cards were stolen, they only have passports, to please send $$$. signed Upland Nursery. I have never called or ordered from them, and think I only looked them up one time on the internet. Where do they get my information from. I best Upland Nursery would love to know they have been highjacked. Barbra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did anyone else get the email from upland nursery?

I decided I would call them, he said they have been hacked into. They have corrected it, and will send emails to eveyone who recd and email. He thought it went to the people who have ordered from them. I told him I have never emailed him, called him or anything, other than looked them up one time on the internet, and I got an email. He thanked me for calling and giving him this additional information. I told him not to worry everyone who got the email knows he was highjacked and knew it was not really them. I wanted to see if he needed a copy of the email, he said he already got it. Barbra

o

I got one of those once from a friend of mine, her account was hacked. Anyone who knows me knows they have a better chance of winning the lottery than me wiring money anywhere.
Scammers everywhere.
Tally HO!

o

• Posted by kim319 6A-6B, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 20:28

I got 2 from them, one like you mentioned above an another that mentions "no subject".

o

That is a very common scam that has been going on for several years. If you ever get something like that, first try to contact them by phone. Don't send anything. I heard of one guy who got something like that supposedly from a friend, and he chuckled because he knew his friend wasn't in Scotland (or wherever) since he had just seen him the day before. lol

o

Hi Barbra,

I received the same email from Upland.. Im on another Plumeria Forum and it wass sent to all of them as well. I knew it was bogus and i just deleted it right then..

Another emasil was sent with the title "no subject" that was from the real Uplands saying they were sorry that their account was hacked and now it was fixed.. they apologized for the problem

What a mess...

Take care,

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here