Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hawaii Orange

Posted by ruthann1 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 1, 06 at 16:13

I want one, I want one(clicking my heels three times). Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Ruthann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hawaii Orange

• Posted by dweav 9-10 Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 1, 06 at 17:17

There was one on Ebay the other day not sure if it's still up. I know there are some seeds but that just a lot of work and not the real thing.

Don

o

Got mine at the South Coast Plumeria Society meeting last year. Mine is still too young to prune. Bill
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

Tdogdad AND yourrrr address is? I live in Romania if it comes up missing. 8) ruthann

o

This "Hawaii Orange" plumeria is the cultivar called
"Paul Weissich" and offers a strong, sweet, spicy fragrance.
Growth habit is horizontally branched or low and spreading instead of vertical. There is another "orange" in Hawaii
called "Ka Lei Nani" which looks very similar except the buds have no red blush or pinkish hue, scent is unsweet with no spiceness and its growth habit is quite vertical.

Aloha (from James88

o

Paul Weissich is a registered cultivar.

Janet

o

I've attached a picture of Cheryl's University Hawaii Orange. It is currently in bloom now here in So. Ca.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Janet

o

The Plumeria Fairy is REAL!!! I am getting a Hawaii Orange!!!! I am so jazzed... Thank you. Thank you! I'm dancin', I'm dancin'

o

Ruthann,

Paul Weissich is a registered cultivar. There is also University Orange from Cheryl Oshiro.

o

Ruth,

You're too funny. I'm glad you are doing the happy dance!! LOL..

Janet

o

Ruthann, where are you getting your Hawaii Orange from?
Brian

o

Here's a link to one that is being offered on ebay.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=59157113&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=180017668932&lk=URL

o

I have heard from several people that Kalenani/Kaulanani and University Orange are the same plant. They look the same to me, does anyone have both plants that can chime in. Cheryl Oshiro has some great stuff she sells University Orange, Wildfire, K2, K3, etc. Cheryl is a great direct source to buy from :)

o

I am looking for the University of Hawaii Orange...
Does anyone have Sheryl Oshiro's contact information?

Thanks in Advance,

Joe

o

Me too please. :)
Mahalo,
--Mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here