Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lantanalover

Anyone bought plumeria from bkinterplants on Ebay?

lantanalover
15 years ago

I was thinking about buying some seeds from this seller on Ebay, has anyone ordered from them?

Comments (28)

• forexmoose
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

hi! yes I bought from him.....he takes a couple weeks but his seeds are awesome. I buy 1000 every year and I have not one complaint

• ncasselberryfla
    15 years ago

Folks,

This is, in my honest opinion: yet another sheisster that has appeared from Thailand to cash in on plumeria . This individual"bkinterplants"-, when they first started out well over a year ago, set up a website using all stolen pictures belonging not only to me, but also from several other people I know that grow plumeria.

After a landslide of firm emails to this person from several others, mainly members of the Maui Plumeria Gardens Forum (where this person got the photos), they finally, under immense pressure to do so, took down their website completely. The old saying that is you donÂt have the picture you don't have the plant rings true, though, some legitimate sellers do in fact borrow pics (with permission, of course) from time to time. Now this person is on EBay and is using pictures I have seen several other Thai sellers using. I would not trust this person as far as I could throw them.

You might get good service and it might be cheap--but what color will your plant bloom in the next year or so? It is also most likely this person is simply yet another devious Thai opportunist who frequents the open air markets, buying plumeria cuttings and plants and quickly reselling them on EBay in the USA.

One other point to consider is that my friend and plumeria grower Dr. Kukiat Tanteerartum, who is well known in plumeria circles for his hybridizing, and, his gorgeous photos, has warned many people in the USA about the rampant viruses on the plumeria being sold in the public markets like the Chatuchak in Bangkok. Many of these sellers see these plants as object to make money from and nothing else; do not care for their plants properly. It is an unfortunate greed that affects many unsuspecting people.

One example is the "color break" virus that many people thought was so cool at first because of the unusual patterns of coloration that can appear in such flowers. There are many forms of it that can and will eventually seriously harm or even kill your plumeria and there is no known cure. Introducing a plant like this into your collection is also dangerous because all you need to do is trim a leaf or cutting from this plant, and, if you have not properly sterilized your shears, you spread it to every other plant you use those shears on. This is but one example. There are also various Phoma organisms that are not native to the USA and can seriously harm various crops here. The USDA has begun targeting Thai imports recently and many people I know who bought from these Ebay Thai sellers had plants seized by the Inspectors and destroyed. They had no legal recourse and got no reimbursement from the seller in Thailand, who simply said it isnÂt their fault that Customs got the plants. Many of these people at first blamed USDA for being too picky, but now they are starting to realize it was indeed the Thai sellers negligence. Also, aside from the seizures, many plants slide right by Customs and may come to you infected with something you do not want in your collection.

I mentioned once before on another thread about these Thai sellers who have no true and long term accountability. When customer problems begin they disappear from EBay, or, simply reappear under another name and do the same. Now that EBay has limited feedback periods for sellers, and, also made it so all negative disappear after one year, this is going to be more troublesome. Just because your plant arrived in good shape and looking nice, does not mean that A. It is in good health B. that is it the variety you thought you paid for.

What recourse do you have with them several months down the road when you discover you have a sick or improperly identified plant? That lovely Orange might produce a white flowerÂthis has happened all too often. One friend of mine in Bangkok calls this the "Chatuchak Surprise"Âa plant bought for being something it is not at the open air market that blooms white later on.

There are many USA sellers who have experienced the ins and outs of importing plants from Thailand and who deal with the major growers or their brokers, who grow these plants in their own nurseries and know how to properly care for them. Yes, these plants will be more expensive, but, at least you have recourse should something actually go wrong, and, you can have some peace of mind. Yes, the economy is bad, but donÂt be sold a bill of goods by unscrupulous foreign sellers who are capitalizing on the fact that money is tight for Americans and appear to be offering us "good deals". Once again, if it appears too good to be true, it is. I have seen Thais offering 2 for 1 prices on prime plumeria hybrids starting as low as $9.99. PT Barnum once said, "ThereÂs a sucker born every minute." DonÂt be a sucker and run fast in the other direction when you see these guys selling on Ebay.

Brad

• iowajojo
    15 years ago

Well said Brad and Crafty. I may be a newbie to Plumerias, but not to ebay. I read these forums and I learn. This is excellent advise from Brad.

• lantanalover
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks guys!
    Can anyone recommend a good source for Plumeria seeds, or a better ebay seller?

Tiffany

• craftymama132001
    15 years ago

Hi, lantanalover, cuckooznest sells seeds on ebay. They have a website www.plumeriaparadise.com with tons of seeds, and cuttings, both of which are from Thailand. Brad's Buds and Blooms sells seeds. There's lots of places that sell seeds. You'd just be better off staying in the US. Maybe others can tell you about more sellers of seeds. Crafty

• bkinterplants
    15 years ago

Hello plumeria collector,
    I'm BKinterplants Garden in Thailand.I'm sorry very much about I used picture from plumeria collector in the last 2 years ago because I had find ebay and I see some picture same my variety therefore I had used by not ask for permission from the owner before I used I'm sorry very much again.But when I recieved massage I'm remove immediately and now I used picture for plants I had on hand therefor I'm confirm you can see bloom flower same the picture Don't worry.

• tapapoi
    15 years ago

Hi. I'm raising seedlings from bkinterplant seeds. Of course I don't really know what the parents were. The seeds looked fine though.

I've also bought grafted plumerias from them. As a matter of fact I've gotten my first blooms on one of his plants a couple weeks ago. It is a nice yellow but not what it was advertised to be at all.
    I've also bought several Thai varieties from Brad and they are far and away better plants. I have a gorgeous J-105 blooming right now.

Mary

• tapapoi
    15 years ago

I just wanted to do a follow up on my experience with bkinterplants. The owner has said he is going to replace my mismarked plant with the correct variety. He said it was a labeling mistake, which I know can happen with any seller. I noticed that the plant did bloom out as another of his listed varieties, just not the one I bought.

Also, I wanted to add that my seeds from him have been viable and have sprouted well, and they are leafing out with a wide range of leaf shapes and tints of green from light to dark. This was a mix I bought, and the seeds were quite varied, so I know I got seeds from several different hybrids.

Thanks.

• mattc19
    15 years ago

I really like 1-stop-aloha I ordered a Kauka Wilder cutting that shipped in healthy and thick It took root in 2 months and instantly flourished. I highly recemend them.

Matt

• bkinterplants
    15 years ago

I will take care every my customer if have any problem you don't worry I will edit my problem suddenly when I receive your mail.When you buy my plants from me you will receive healthy ,fresh and save plants with to shipped to you

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

Bkinterplants/Bkinterfuits/bkinterplantstore, I believed this is the same Seller...Yes you do take care your Customers by Repeating the same mistakes by Screwing up...I ordered 3 times have the same problem every Order...First Order I made from you 3 out of 6 Plants wasn't even come close to your description...Yes you did Resend but at my Cost again for EMS shipping....Then the Second Order The Pancratium Zeylanicum bulb One of the Item in my Order, You sent me almost Cut in Half the Bulb..Is it really that much heavy weight that you can not send a Whole Bulb of Pancratium Zeylanicum? The Bulb got Mushy and Rot...The third Order the one of the Academe and the Tembola got damaged and Mushy due to the Box that You are using that it wasn't Strong enough to Transport to another country...I spent too much money on EMS and yet You trying to Cut back on my Package that's the reason I had problems with my Order from You...Or is that your Technique by ripping off the Customers? Your Reason that You will Resend and Yes You did at our expense on EMS shipping again and again, in every resend......If you do your Care about your Customers please DO NOT do that? The Sad part is that the Pancratium Zeylanicum that You sent me as a Replacement wasn't even come Close to the Pictures that You are Listed?....Your Picture the Pancratium zeylanicum it has Long skinny Leaves while mine Now it has Short Wide Leaf? My money it's a hard work, honest earned money, I don't want to do that to other people of what you just did to me? and who knows maybe to others as well...I am posting the Difference of the Pancratium Zeylanicum Before and after...See if you can honestly if what I have now which came from You if this is really truly Pancratium Zeylanicum! Honesty is the Best Policy if You want to have a Repeat Customers! First Picture is what look like on your Listing...The second picture is the Bulb You sent me...Judge for yourself Bkinterplants/Bkinterfruits/Bkinterstore!

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

BBB sells very Fresh and Viable Plumeria Seeds...The germination percentage of BBB seeds are 90 to 100 percent germination success...highly recommend it...They are Trust worthy Sellers and they really truly care about their Customers!!!

• katiedolittle
    9 years ago

My first experience with bkinterplants was good but the next time wasn't even near what it should have been never again will I buy from them I try to buy only U S plants now after sending several $100 to Thailand

• plumerias_lover
    9 years ago

I am a Thai person. I wouldn't want to order anything from Thailand, especially plants. There're some good and bad businessman. But, I didn't want to take a chance and then had bad experience like Brad and Virgo 1667. Sad but true.

• tapapoi
    9 years ago

Plumerias-lover, I'm surprised that you wouldn't want to buy any plumerias from Thailand, even though you are Thai yourself. At this point in 2014 there are many US plant dealers importing Thai plumerias and adeniums, and they are great plants.

I have found that some US sellers actively try to discourage people in the US from trying to import their own plants from Thailand, while they themselves get shipments of Thai plumerias to sell in the US. I wonder why? Hmmm.

There are several Thai plumeria and adeniuim sellers who sell good plants and are honest people. Some are not. It's up to the individual who wants to import them, to find out which are good and which aren't, but several of them have established fine reputations at this point and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. I just recently got an order from bkinterplants. They are grafted and the roots of course are free of soil, but each was wrapped in cellophane and they were moist, and arrived in great condition.

This is 6 years after the original post.

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

I hope that all my Grafted Plants that I have Purchased from bkinterplants are the True Colors of what He advertised...There is One Plant right now that the leaves are True colors as what he advertised though...It was a Ploy Chom Phu the Very Rare Variegated leaves, I don't know the True Flowers yet since it has not produce Flowers since I received it....This was a Free gift from Bkinterplants! The recent and third orders I received from Bkinterplants was really healthy and so as the Pancratium Zeynalicum Bulb so I can Only hope to see the True colors of their Flowers and the True Varieties and if it wasn't as what they advertise at least my Conscience it's Clear as Crystal...I guess this to make up for the Stressed and headaches you have caused me...3 is a STRIKE out for me...

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

Sorry I would not Recommend Bkinterplants but it's up To you to take the Risk...I took the Risk but I have now some of his Product that wasn't as he described, beside the Ploy Chom Phu that's the Only One so far that is Correct! I got burned 3 times and I am ashamed to myself for being a Sucker.

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

I do Loved BBB Plants as well besides that it's a True Variety and very healthy Plant or Plants as well, You can assure yourself that it's the True Plants of what you paid for.....I just Purchased from BBB recently a few Plumeria Plants and Seeds...The seeds it was very Fresh and Viable and have an AWESOME germination Success Rate!!! I can't wait to see it Blooms my MARBLE ICE CREAM from BBB , Looking forward to it!!! Thank you very much BBB!!!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Virgo,

I love your Varigated Ploy Chum Phu!! Looks like its doing well and it certainly is a Varigated... :-)

Some friends have talked about Bkinterpants and they have had some good and some so-so experiences. I haven't bought anything from them, but I do hear some say they are alright.

I also have some trees purchased from dealers here in the U.S. that have bought from Thai dealers. They come grafted and with very dry roots. I hold my breath when I get them started and potted up but I also treat them like they are cuttings and give them the same care to get those roots/ new roots growing.

I also have purchased from BBB and have had good experiences with him as well.. Kukaits trees are simply beautiful!! Congratulations on your Marble Ice Cream!! I'm sure you are thrilled about that one !

I have a Thai Variegated Ametrine that I'm in the process of getting started and I have a few Maya's from a friend who purchased them from a Thai dealer.

Good luck with your other trees! I'm sure you will be pleased!!

Take care,

Laura

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

Thank you Laura! By the way, what's the Thai Variegated Ametrine look like? Can you post some pics please, I am sure it's probably very beautiful and very unique! Tyvm!!

• plumerias_lover
    9 years ago

Thanks all for the information. Now, I am thinking that I will buy some plumerias from BBB and from Maui Plumeria Garden(someone recommended), next spring. My next trip to Thailand, I will make sure that I visit Kukiat's Garden. I'm so excited already.

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

Wow!!! that would be really awesome to see Dr. Kukiat's collection in person...Ruby Blue, Tropical Aurora, these would be on my next list, if it will ever be available for grabs! Good Luck plumerias-lover!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

I agree Virgo, seeing Dr. Kukaits Gardens would be wonderful!! How special for you to be able to see this, Plumeria-lover!! Have a great trip!!

John with Jungle Jacks is putting on a trip this spring to Thailand to visit their gardens too. That trip sounds very enticing ... :-)

Virgo. Here is a picture of an Ametrine that I found on line form Durham Botanicals. This picture of the bloom looks a little different from the picture of the one that I purchased . Mine looks more reddish... But who knows? Mine came from The same grower.. ( Durham Botanicals)

Thinking about Thailand.. Have a great time PL. please take lots of pics!!!

Have a good day!!

Laura

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

Wow!!! that is a Beauty Laura! The leaves are really something too, Amazing!!! The Flowers it almost look like Candy Lemon it is so Beautiful!!! Thank you very much for sharing it with us Laura, greatly appreciate it!!!

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

Here is the Pancratiun Zeylanicum You sent me Bkinterplants....Your Listing show it has Long Skinny Leaves while Mine it has Short Wide leaf...This is not even come Close to your advertisement....I don't want you say again that You will Resend replacement after the Third Times and have the same mistakes I don't want your Product...I do not Recommend you after Repeating the same Poor Quality of Service....Ty

• Ondřej
    8 years ago

I feed the need to comment on Bkinterplant.
    I purchased 100 cycad seeds but what I received was old, lightweight, dry seeds. Out of 100, 70 of them was floating on surface of water(water test) and only 6 germinated after all. Bkinterplant have not replied to my repeated request of money refund or sending me new fresh seeds. Just ignoring my emails..
    To me, Bkinterplant is abusive seller and doesnt deserve any recomendation.
    If they ever offer compensation, I will be glad to inform you guys here about it and change my opinion, but untill that I boycott Bkinterplant.

• Rhonda Lackey
    4 years ago

Wow, great thread. Bkinterplants is still selling on ebay. I had to google Ploy chom phu and stumbled across this thread, wasnt sure if its real, you guys verified it is. Lots of good info here. Hope to find one here inbthe USA.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living