Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobtabler

The seedling that didn't know it died....

bobthewizard
9 years ago

This Seedling, in its 1 Gallon pot, fell off the shelf where they were all growing. I re-potted it, but noticed a couple of days later that the branch was shriveling in the middle.
{{!gwi}}

So, to try and save the plant (because I only have about 45, and need to save this one.... lol.) I cut the branch off and trimmed the leaves and tried to dry it, to re-pot it as a cutting. However, the end wouldn't dry, and kept shriveling toward the top. So, I cut it one more time, let it dry for about an hour, to stop bleeding, and then put it in a shot glass to root it in water.
{{!gwi}}

I never expected it to survive. My wife and I laugh about the seedling that didn't realize it died.
{{!gwi}}

I have trimmed the leaves off the top several times, last time day before yesterday, and again the leaves are growing big and fast. And you can see in this picture, there are a couple of root nodules popping out now, as well as one on the other side of the stem...
{{!gwi}}
I'm more than amazed that I might just pull this off and save this seedling. Of all the 45 or so that I have, I only had 2 Butterfly Hybrid seedlings, so I'm happy it's still trying to grow.

Anyway... thought I'd share...

Have a good day!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seedling post from August last year... I floated my seeds...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery