Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Finally, plumeria in bloom and DR starting!

meyermike_1micha
12 years ago

I thought I would show you I finally did it!

These are a couple of blooms I took today of my plumeria that Bill has sent me!

It is wasn't for all of you and Bills generosity, I would of never have been able to experience the delightful fragrance or colors of these plants.

I also received a few Adeniums from a most generous friend here and I think they are starting to bloom!

Notice the shape of them. To me they are cute.

One is the sister to the one Laura has posted. I think it's flashing its moon.lol

I am so happy since I have not been that successful in the pest due to such a lack of hot sun and duration. I guess patience had paid off like you all said.

Thank you for all your suggestions, generosity, support, and ideas all!

Mike

These are the the plumeria from a kind Bill and following that will be all the DR from a very kind Laura:-)

Desert Rose

This is this one is related to Laura's..lol

Others

Could these be possible flowers?????

Mike

Comments (13)

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Mike, I'm so happy to see your success at last!! How wonderful! Beautiful blooms, and richly deserved by you, who has had to work so hard for them. Congratulations!

Jen

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

WAY TO GO MIKE!!!

Gorgeous blooms on the Plumies!!! What are the varities?

To answer your question on the last pic, yes those are blooms!!!

I love the "sister"...she has many a side...lol like my little girl!!!

You ahve done a great job with all of your plants.trees and i know it has been difficult to get around with your foot.

Take care of yourself...

Tell Sissy hello for me

Im so glad you are back on this side!!!

You have been missed!!!

Take care ,

Laura in VB

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    12 years ago

Wow Mike! All look really good. Thanks for posting. That pink plumeria is gorgeous. Is that a Guillot's?

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

They look great! Thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing more pics soon!
    -Alex

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone!

Hey Jen: It did take a lot of work. Here is the funny thing. I stuck them in among my vegetables and decided to ignore them and see what happens. It happened.
    When I anxiously wait for something to happen, nothing happens.lol

Dave: Thank you. I am not sure of the name of that one. Bill would know best. He gave them to me. I can't hobble over to read the name he wrote on the trunk. It smells so good.

Laura: Thank you thank you! You have certainly helped me with so much. I remembered everything I was told to do. I love both types of plants. Sometimes I wish the DR had a fragrance too.
    I love the sis to your plant. I can't tell you how many come to visit and they smile looking at that one.lol
    Sissy says hello and back at ya!
    Thanks for the warm welcome back again. It is nice to know your missed!
    I felt I did not have much to offer.

Hi Alex. I hope you have been well. Do you have a any pictures to look at? I think I will do a search later.

Have a great day all.

Mike

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    12 years ago

Great job Mike!!!!

those look like some great plumies. I have 2 NOID's that Im waiting to find out who they are. I may have to try your ignore them approach.

mike

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Mike! Try it, I think it will work:-)

Mike

• angel_plumeria
    12 years ago

Beautiful plumerias! I especially love the first one! Wow!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Greetings, Mike!
    Your plants are in their prime ;-)
    The Plumeria blooms look good enough to eat.
    I can't wait 'til my DR blooms....

Josh

• dpolson37
    12 years ago

Hi Mike, those are definitely blooms coming on your desert rose. Great job!
    How is the DR I sent you doing?
    Dave

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Hi mike! I have lots of pics of my other plants on the palm and cycad fourm, but since only my Divine is blooming, I havent gotten to posting any plumeria pics yet. I was wating for my No Id to start blooming before I posted pics, which means that I should have some pics up in just over a week of an update on all my plumerias! Until then, I do have a pic of my Divine from a week ago.

My desert rose has one bloom now, but the flower is a little bent up for some reason (I think the heavy rain we got was the problem), so Im going to wait for the other buds to open before I post a pic of it!
    -Alex

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Beautiful pics Alex!!!!

Josh,

Nice to see you over here on this forum!! Do you have any Plumeria? If so, What varieties? If you are interested in cuttings...let me know!!!!

Take Care,

Laura in VB

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Alex, those Divine flowers are adorable. No wonder you like it so much.