Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best bloom of 2013

Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 17:31

Mine was my NOID white. Yep just a plain jane NOID. None of my named plants even came close this year. A few are starting inflos but with fall approaching and our unusual cooler weather Im not very optimistic.

All it ever asks for is water and a bit of food. I think I will keep it :)
This is just one inflo, it has another the same size. Actually this is 2 inflos that formed on the same tip.
 photo IMG_20130812_191214_658_zpscbf417a0.jpg

What was yours?
mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 17:36

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best bloom of 2013

My favorite this year was Midnight Ruby.

Fred

o

How's the scent of your white NOID, Mike? :)

My best blooms have been from 'Gold Coast Peach' (pic taken just now) but ya never know...we could get more awesome inflos before winter shuts us down!

-Robert

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 19:15

Nice ones!!

Pretty good Robert. classic scent and I can smell as I walk by.

Mike

o

I have been very happy with so many this year but I really love this one, it is a seedling that bloomed after it was only 3 or 4 years (most of mine take so much longer). I love the look of it and the flowers are almost 4 inches across. I look at this one first each time I visit my yard. Barb

o

Wonderful Barb...what is the scent? roxanne

o

Roxanne, It only has a very light scent. But it is only it's first year, will have to see what happens next year. I just love how the flower looks so delicate. Barb

o

there is a lot to be said for the yellows and whites for fragrance. I picked up a Ken's White JJ's at the Lowes frenzy and oh my gosh the smell. Very common looking white but the scent actually changes a bit from bloom to bloom. Very happy I grabbed it. roxanne

o

Mike, is that "patient zero?" It is a great inflo.

I almost went with my usual Penang Peach but the jury is still out at my house.

o

Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 6:45

Yep that's is the one K. PP is probably a good candidate.
I'm 6 feet tlll and the inflo is right at my nose. next year it may be too tall. I told Kenny I'm going to the tallest plumeria in Oklahoma LoL.

Mike

o

What's the scent of Midnight Ruby like, Fred? Thanks.

Mima

o

Mardi Gras just opened Saturday 08.17.13. Cool mornings last weekend 67° and only upto 89°.

Lonnie

o

I had a tough time picking, it's been a good year and I had some unusual and interesting flowers open. But this common favorite California Sunset which is constantly changing colors - and I didn't think could get anymore beautiful - did!

photo CS1_zps51d3d634.jpg

photo CS2_zps92509d21.jpg

photo CS3_zps5d892e47.jpg

photo CS4_zps5c984810.jpg

o

They are all very pretty. Can I add another one. I got this as a cutting this year a Julie Moragne. And as it was trying to grow I got flowers before leaves so took a picture and then cut off the flowers. I am now getting leaves which is what I need but took this picture before I cut it. And it smelled very nice also. I got it off ebay from Matt. Barb

o

Robert, I love the Gold Coast Peach, too, almost picked that! Mike - you're right, it's a tree you always want to walk by and take a whiff of that great scent.

o

Quick question - does anyone know if the name is Gold Coast Peach or Gold Coast Peachy - I see both all the time, so I'm confused on this!

o

Hi Everyone!!!

George... I just checked Diana's Compilation and she has it listed as

" Gold Coast Peachy". Aka Seldom Seen # 323

Hope this helps...

Laura

o

Great thread Mike!!!

Here is my best bloom of 2013...

JL Hawaiian Fire

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Have a great night!!!

Laura

o

WOW Laura. That's a beauty! Incredible.

Thanks for the info on the Gold Coast Peachy!

o

Gorgeous bloom, Laura! You didn't mention any scent. :)

-Robert

o

Laura, What a beautiful flower. It always surprises me that there is so many different ones, size, smell, and those colors. WOW!!! Barb

o

Thanks Simi!!!

All of the blooms here in this thread are beautiful... Love yours too!!! I hope that helped with the question on Gold Coast Peachy!!!

Mike... I think this thread will be a one that will be used and continue to please all of us!!! Love this thread...

HI Robert... ;-). Fragrance? Lol.. You know I am terrible at describing them... It has a floral fragrance to me. The first blooms were less fragrant and this particular one had a very pleasant floral fragrance... I have two more buds getting ready to open. I'll check again for you..

Barb..I agree.. So many blooms and varieties... No wonder we love them all!!! The colors are quite beautiful. I was so thrilled!!!

Thanks...

Laura

o

• Posted by kim319 6A-6B, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 12:08

Boy that Midnight Ruby is beautiful! I'd love to have that one -- what a temptation. :)

o

Everyone's "Best Blooms" are just beatifullllllll! I just wish I could join in. I've only had 1 this year so I guess it is the best :) Maybe if the 2 new inflos make it I'll have at least something to pick from. "Congrats" to everyone.
Peg

o

I must say it was Wildfire, that is a quarter being held next to it.....and the scent...oh my! roxanne

o

My Toba's Fire (aka Embers) looked pretty good and produced lots of blooms, but my favorite was Mardi Gras.

o

Jperilloux, would you mind posting a pic of your Toba's Fire, too? Would love to see that!

The Mardi Gras is gorgeous!

o

Thank you, SimiDude. Here's the Toba's Fire (aka Embers).

o

Wow! Thank you so much, that's beautiful!

o

Thank you. This was only a 1-year-old plant.

o

No! You're kidding? That's amazing. I was looking for one of these but had no luck. Your Toba's Fire and your Mardi Gras are both amazing.

o

Did you check The Exotic Plumeria in Florida? They call it "Embers". It was $50 for a rooted tree when I bought mine. I notice it's now $70 for an unrooted cutting, 1 or 2 tips.

o

I did check them. But I was hoping to find it locally and rooted, though. There's always next year!

o

Only had one of mine put off inflos this year. Made my summer though! Noid but thinking it could be divine? Parents got it for me and all they knew about it was that it was a dwarf plumeria...

o

I rushed to my tree to pic a Divine flower to compare. Yes, it's a Divine!

o

And it's beautiful, too, Texasplum.

o

Awesome! I can finally give her a name! Lol thanks simidude.

o

Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 16:27

Very nice flowers!

mike

o

• Posted by isobea 10, San Diego (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 30, 13 at 19:34

Hi guys,
this year's favorite is JJ's Mona Lisa. The flowers are a little over 3 inches wide and the fragrance, especially in the first two days, is amazing (it varies throughout the day, though). Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to capture the intensity of the colors. The pink is stronger and the center is a strong golden yellow. Everything is late here this summer. Yesterday we made it to 82 degrees for the first time. Today, though, it's 90 degrees with very high humidity thanks to the monsoonal moisture coming up from Mexico.
Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone and keep the pictures coming.
Iso

o

While I haven't had as many flowers this year as I would like, Divine has ended up being a tiny showstopper in this crazy heat!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here