Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwhite2947

Can This Be a Slaughter Pink?

jwhite2947
10 years ago

All of the images I have seen of Slaughter Pink have been pale pink. I purchased this one labeled as Slaughter Pink but have doubts. Have you seen it bloom this dark? I can't comment on fragrance since I can't detect odor of my plumerias. Thanks.

Joan

Comments (12)

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

Nice flower... Beautiful color...

~Bob

• barb13_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Joan, Here is my slaughter Pink. Yours is a very nice color but don't think that it is the same. Mine was taken when the sun was out but you can see the pink when they first open.

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Barb. That's what I thought it should look like. I have big plans to label all of my plants and to keep up with cuttings and which year a plant blooms. I will label this one NOID Pink. I don't want to perpetuate a misnomer, and like Bob said it is a pretty flower anyway.

Joan

• barb13_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Joan, I put where I got the cutting or plant then the name of the cutting and date that I planted it on the tag. But I do have lots of mystery ones that I got from Matt or MPG and have to wait for them to bloom and then because it is so hard to figure out what is the right name that I seem to use a lot of ? then color of the flower and size. Not perfect but I don't want to mislead anyone if I sell any. Barb

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Tally has said that she's gotten deep pink blooms from her Slaughter Pink in the past when the heat was really high, but I don't believe she meant red. Joan, I think yours is a mislabel. It happens, unfortunately, even from the PSA sales :(

Still, it's a very pretty red, and you can always make another trip in your Prius next year for SP ;)

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is a pretty bloom. I don't mind that it is not Slaughter pink. I just wanted to confirm that it was something different. I'm just excited to have a bloom.

Joan

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Odd things have happened before. I would take a wait and see attitude. Example: my JL Candystripe bought in person at Dole Plantation in 2008 first bloomed fullly red then stabilized into its current colors.

Here is the first bloom from the rooted cutting (early 2009)

Here is a recent picture from the inflo that I could reach
    {{gwi:1196188}}

100% without a doubt the same plant.

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow! It will be fun waiting to see if there is a change. That is quite a change. Only time will tell I guess.

Thanks for reply.

Joan

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

K - that first bloom of your CS is cool... and it even had the 6 petals!

joan - if someone is going to mismark a plant, that's the way to do it! very pretty. :)

(((isn't mismark a word??? spellcheck says no)))

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Huh. That's quite a change. K, does this mean my "Not My Valentine" could still be My Valentine?

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Not slaughter pink. I`ve had deep pink in the middle of summer but nothing approaching red. The flowers don`t look like it either. Slaughter pink has a fuller flower that curls more. Like Barbs.
    Tally HO!

• Lori Elliott
    4 years ago

have Slaughter Pinks that came from the original shipment to Houston in the 1950’s. They do get a little bit of a darker pink in high heat, but quickly go to the White with yellow center. Your’s is definitely not a Slaughter Pink, but it is beautiful! Here is a picture of my Slaughter Pink!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz