Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

My Wish List for Sept Plant Sale

No-Clue
11 years ago

I'm working on my Wish List for the Sept Plant Sale. I know I may or may not find all of them and I am ok with that. I can only fit 8 five gallon pots in the back of my van and maybe a few smaller pots in the back seat area. With that said, can you help me prioritize my list?

Please share your experience if you own any on my list. Would you recommend them. Why or why not. And please keep in mind... if they have no fragrance they cannot come home with me. Also I did not include any JJ's varieties because I can always buy directly from JJ's any time. So I want to focus on other plants that I cannot buy from JJ's.

Thank you very much!! Happy Friday all.

JL Don Ho

Cookstown Sunset

Black Tiger

Kauka Wilder

Gloria Schmidt

Katie Moragne

Intense Rainbow

Lava Flow

Heidi Gold

Jean Moragne (I have Jeannie so should I NOT get Jean?)

Moragne #93

Musk Rainbow

My Valentine

E.T Lemon Drop

Vera Cruz Lutica

Gardenia

Henry Apple Durpee

Hilo Beauty

India

Mele Pa Bowman

Raspberry Sundae

If I missed anything else that you strong feel that I should have ... please let me know. Thank you!!

Comments (25)

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

I have #s 2,4-11,13-15, 17,19 and 20. You can check out and discuss when you come by. Do you have Charlotte Ebert? Vera Cruz Rose? Kimi Moragne? I also think you are quite sick for a newbie. Perhaps a psychiatrist for severe addiction would help. You barely have room for what you have, now add 20 more. Remember the rule of thumb: one VW bug space for each plant. How many bugs can you fit in your yard? Bill

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I know Bill I know I am sick. But I can enjoy them until they get too big. Then I will just have to give some away to make more room! :)

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Fortunately, I was just checking emails and found something in my spam folder that will help NC a lot with her addiction. Apparently I am capable of counseling because the email said so.

To begin with, I want you to mail me just 1 of your plumies. It can even be your choice. Tomorrow, send me 2. Sunday will be a day of rest, you'll need it. Monday, mail me 3 of them. And so on and so on.

You'll be such a broken shell of a person but I'm willing to bet your addiction will be dealt with! :)

I owe you an email, Lynn. Tonight after I've recuperated from the days events I'll see to that. Thanks!

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

I wouldn't pass up a Hawaiian Rose!
    My most favorite of all Plumeria!
    Wishing you the very best finds!
    Aloha, Stuart

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is my HAVE list.

Artec Gold
    Bill Moragne
    CA Sunset
    Celadine(2)
    Charlotte Ebert (my only grafted plant)
    Christina
    Cyndi Moragne
    Daeng Sayem/Siam Red
    Daisy Wilcox? (I don't think it's a Daisy after all)
    Donald Angus
    Duvachelle cutting (My friend is rooting this for me)
    Elana
    Elsie
    Inca Gold
    J105
    Janada Cutting (it's not rooting but not dying... not sure what it's doing!)
    Jeannie Moragne Jr
    JL Metallica (Matt is rooting this and will ship later)
    JL Pink Pansy
    Kaneohe Sunburst
    Kaneohe Sunrise
    Kimo
    Lani
    Love Cutting (Another one not rooting or dying for that matter)
    Lurline
    Makaha Sunn
    Mardi Gras
    Mystery Cutting Mona sent (too soon to tell if I will kill her or not)
    Nebel's Rainbow Cutting (also too soon to tell if it will root)
    NOID from my local Farmer's Market
    NOID Premium White from JJ
    NOID Tiger? from JJ
    Penang Peach
    Picante (C-star) from Armstrong
    Rhonda
    Safari Red
    Scentsational
    Star of Siam
    Thumbalina
    Tipsy
    Vera Cruz Rose
    Viola
    Waimea
    Whirlwind
    Wildfire
    Wizard

So are you saying I should add Kimi Moragne on my Wish List Bill?

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok Mona, I knew I can count on you to help my addiction. LOL I might just do that... you never know.

I will add Hawaiian Rose Stuart! I remember how gorgeous your flowers were. So now I got two more to add to my list.

I thought you were supposed to help me prioritize not make it longer! So if I'm addicted I blame you guys!

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

when you come by you can judge for yourself. I like the scent but ???

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok I will Bill. Just tell me when. :)

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Bill,

Since you have most of what I have on my Wish list that makes you a hardcore addict! And it shows I have good taste since I like what you like. LOL...

Ok how funny is this? My soon to be neighbor is from Kona Hawaii! They already moved in since December so a few phases before us. I'm sure he is going to appreciate all my Plumerias. A few doors down from us lives a Thai woman. She said she had tried to grow Plumeria in the states but have had no luck... so she would love to try again after I moved in. I'm going to convert my whole neighborhood. :)

• pcput
    11 years ago

Mona, make sure you also send NC your bill for the addiction counseling!!! More plumeria money you know. LOL Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

NC - You know I love to tease you but here's my contribution to helping you narrow down your list.

Black Tiger (Laura's is awesome!)
    Kauka Wilder (everyone should have one!)
    Musk Rainbow (on my list, too)
    My Valentine (you already know you want that one! :)
    Thorton Lemon Drop (on my list, too)
    Mele Pa Bowman (because you prize scent)

Hi Peg! The fringe benefits that go with the job of being a good helpful friend is all I need. LOL

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok that's good Mona,

I like that list... I can live with that. Why don't you come to the sale and we can shop together? How fun would that be! LOL

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Lynn - did you see Freak's pic of his Musk Rainbow? If not, you should search for it. I think it would help you decide if it's really one you want.

That is one pic that has really stood out in my mind. Along with Stuart's beautiful Embers. Embers... or Toba's Fire is tops on my list. I have no idea of the scent of that one.

I'd love to go plumie shopping with you! Maybe some day that will happen! :)

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mona I saw James' pics and that's why I want Musk Rainbow. But I think that might be hard to find too. So we'll see.

Toba's Fire is gorgeous as well and I would love to get that color but I don't think it will ever get that color due to our coastal temps. Instead we'll probably just get yellow. :(

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,

I have a rooted KW and Intense Rainbow if you want them?
    As for some of your choices, unless it gets really warm in your area of Laguna they may not look like Laura's or others that have hot and humid summers. For example Black Tiger looks Red in my patch, same as Hilo Beauty color, Lava Flow will not have the intense red edge. Plumies with unusual shapes, yellows with reds in them, red's that are suppose to look almost black, some lavender and purples will not perform or bloom like the pictures you have seen unless your temps during summer get up into the upper 80s or 90s. So depending on your average summer temps you may want to rethink your list.
    Of your list this is what I have or had and got rid of:

JL Don Ho (Never Had)
    Cookstown Sunset (Have)
    Black Tiger (Have)
    Kauka Wilder (Have)
    Gloria Schmidt (Have)
    Katie Moragne (Have)
    Intense Rainbow *Have)
    Lava Flow (Have)
    Heidi Gold (Gave Away to Nancy Corrine Junk)
    Jean Moragne (I have Jeannie so should I NOT get Jean?)(Have)
    Moragne #93 (Have one of my top 10 FAVS)
    Musk Rainbow (Have one of my top 10 favs)
    My Valentine (Gave away to Nancy Corrine didnt perform well in my patch)
    E.T Lemon Drop (Have)
    Vera Cruz Lutica (Neer had)
    Gardenia (Had Gave it away to Shawn in SD Junk in my patch)
    Henry Apple Durpee (Had gave it away to Robert Truxel didnt like the petals)
    Hilo Beauty (have)
    India (Have)
    Mele Pa Bowman (Have great for anyone who wants Singapore_
    Raspberry Sundae (Had gave it to Suki)

Temps are one of the determining factors for me to get rid of plumies as they do not perform. Here is the temps for my patch for the next 7 days.

NC let me know about the plants, maybe Bil you and I can get together as I have a plant to give him also.

Cheers

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

James thank you very much for your input! I put together my list based on others' photos without knowing how they will do in my climate so your suggestions are very helpful.

How far is your patch from me? Do we have similar weather patterns? If so I should really go by your Have list assuming that you still love them enough to keep them right?

I was told that orange won't do well where I am. So I had to cross them all off my list. I think red and purple are tough too.

Yes I would love to take KW and Intense Rainbow. I don't know how far you are but I am pretty close to Bill, so I can also meet up with you guys. Thanks again!

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Hey NC,
    You can google for your zone based on your zip. I do not live at my patch which is about 45 min plus without traffic from Bills. You can have the Intense Rainbow and the Kauka Wilder, they desperately need transplanting. You might want to check with Bill regarding your zone also and to see what does well in his area. Ill get in touch with Bill and get back to you... cheers

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Those are your temperatures now??? I am jealous! 94 this morning at 0530 with humidity of 80%, high supposed to be 104-110 with heat index.
    Tally HO!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

I hear ya Beach! 105 in DFW today!
    Lonnie

• Tony10
    11 years ago

WOW! What a wish list!! It's too bad you live so far from Sherman Oaks. My local Armstrong's has a beautiful BLOOMING India available...absolutely gorgeous veining.

Tony

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

WOW!!

I am impressed!!

Congratulations Lynn on a fine collection!!!

: )

Laura

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! I am very happy with my plants. Just a few more to round out the family. Then I can focus on learning to root.

• Tony10
    11 years ago

Just curious...when did you start this hobby??

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago

freak, your high temps are my low temps:

Here is a link that might be useful: New Orleans weather

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tony

I went to the Spring Flower Show on April 26, 2012 where I bought the Grafted Charlotte Ebert and 4 cuttings from Upland Nursery. I also bought two Celadine from another seller there. Shortly after that I visited Jungle Jack's and that was when my obsession really took off. :)

As Bill said I'm sick! LOL.