Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

OT Some Special Presents...

Hello Everyone!!!

I just wanted to post some pics of some wonderful presents that i received yesterday from a special Plumie friend!!!

We had lunch and she gave me these gifts to me and my daughter for her new little one to be!! He will be arriving (sch.) around the first of September. Some of you all know that she has had some heart issues and she is going to be induced. If she stays on the schedule and doesn't go before, Hopefully dad will be home from Aftg. for the big day...

Please keep you fingers crossed that he will make it home safe and sound to be able to share in this wonderful day...

I can't help but show you all the cute little gifts that Peg made.. YES.. MADE!! I am so impresssed and i was so touched at her generosity. She truly made me tear up and it means the world to me that she did this for me and my daughter..

Here are the baby shirts and the cute little blanket that she made for us.

Notice the "Frogs, Hibiscus, Plumeria" on the blanket...

My "Little Price" will be in and around my other "Little Prince..." : )

Thank you Peg..

You have been so sweet and i can't thank you enough...

xoxoxox

{{gwi:1196333}}

{{gwi:1196334}}

{{gwi:1196335}}

{{gwi:1196336}}

Another surprise...

This is from the Imposter Intense Rainbow.. Possibly identified as a possible Via Verde.. I call it a " Hopeful VV"

The only other blloms that are near this tree is the California Sunse and the Miami Rose...

{{gwi:1196337}}

San Miguel leaves looking so beautiful...

{{gwi:1196338}}

Cerise still shinning like a star!! Tks D!!

{{gwi:1196339}}

I just want to say thank you to all of you!!!

You guys are a great group and i just wanted to remind you all of how much joy i get from this forum!!!

This past week has been so special to me. It is hard to put into words, but i will say that i haven't been happier.. : )

Mahalo,

Laura

Comments (17)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Laura everything is just so cute. Peg, you did an excellent job. I love the bright colors, and so will the little one. Barbra

• pcput
    11 years ago

Your most welcome Laura. I loved doing it for your "Little Prince"

Thanks Barbra, I ordered the material from a company in Hawaii and it was hard to find plumerias in something for a baby but then I had enough to make 2 shirts. Peg

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Wow that's soo adorable!! Peg is very talented! I'm so impressed! I can't even sew a button on my shirt let alone make a whole shirt and blanket. LOL.

Congrats on your grandbaby boy Laura... praying that everything will go perfectly and baby's daddy will be back in time for the birth. Keep us posted. :)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

When I was younger, I used to think I was just sappy when I would go "Awwww!" after reading a thread like this. Now, I realize I'm just moved by an act of kindness. Thanks for sharing the behind-the-scenes glimpse - very uplifting and heart warming.

{{gwi:561}}

Al

• joanr
    11 years ago

Laura,

First congratulations on the approaching birth of your grandson - how exciting for you. And Peg, that was just too sweet. It is one thing to make a baby outfit (which is outstanding) but for you to find plumeria fabric to make these outfits - how wonderful. Laura, you are truly blessed to have a friend like that!

And I hope your SIL makes it hope for the big event.

Joan

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    11 years ago

Laura,
    Best wishes for a safe delivery, and you seem like such a good person.
    Good people deserve good things .
    Sharon

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Laura,

I know you'll be preoccupied on 'Induction Day', but please keep us posted how everything goes. Post pictures if you can of the new arrival! It's a boy?

Prayers for you and your family that all goes well with your daughter, the little guy, and that 'Dad-to-be' can be there for that incredible experience of holding his first child in his arms! Wow! Life will never be the same.

Now you'll have two obsessions: plumerias and your GRANDSON!

Best wishes to all.

~Dave in NoVA

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Truly touching, all the way around! Quality people, all of you.

Laura, congrats to you and your family. Peg, you're amazing!

Greg

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Laura,

How cute!!!!! It is very special to get a gift so meaningful. I look forward to seeing the new addition all decked out. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bill

• nativec
    11 years ago

Hello Laura,

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts as you prepare to welcome the new family addition.
    I'm constantly amazed by the wonderful people that are encountered in life, and sometimes in the most unexpected of places. Peg is truly one of those people.

Of course you aren't so bad either...LOL

In fact I think everyone here is pretty great:)Do you think its just plumeria people:)

Take care and keep us posted...

Nicole

P.S.
    I'm not going to admit getting all emotional reading your thread..LOL

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Tapla, I love sappy... so pour it on. :) Little baby boy will be wrapped up in love. Doesn't get better than that.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Thank you all so much for all of the well wishes for my Grandson to be!!!

I am very excited and im sure my time with my trees will be expanded to loving this "Little Prince" I love him already!!! : )

He is due to arrive on the 6th, so i will keep you all updated.. Hopefully she will hold out and let her hubby make his way home. We did receive some unconfirmed news that he might be in transit.. So, i am thrilled!!

Peg,

You are such a great friend and i can't even explain how much i appreciate what you have done for me and Katherine.

Joan... You are right, i am blessed to have a friend like Peg. She has always been a great support. She is a wonderful lady... I cant believe she found that material and especially the cute frogs, Hibiscus and Plumeria.. I just LOVE it!!!

Barbra.. Thank you as well.. I am so excited to become a first time "Grandma" This little one will be so loved... I cant wait!!!

Lynn... I am the same way.. I cant sew.. I may be able to put on a button,, but that is it!! LOL.. I wish that i could make something like this, i am just in awe that Peg can make these cute little shirts. I am so thankful...

The blanket is another story.. Mmmmmmmmm!!!!

I will keep you all posted on what happens.. Thank you for being so kind and sending you prayers to me and my family. It really means alot!!

Sharon.. You are to kind. Thank you!! I do believe that good things happen to good people. That is why i try and give back to others, because i have so many wonderful friends who share so much with me. : ) Thank you!!

Hi AL... Thank you for the heart warming words from you!!!

It takes a strong man to see how much little things can touch a persons heart. I see your acts of kindness in different forums.. It all comes around. Thank you for your kind words. They do mean alot to me.

Hi Nicole,

You are such a sweetheart!! I can get emotional over alot of things.. My best friend and i were saying the other day how much it mmeans to us when we see something that touches our hearts.. I guess i am getting soft in my old age, but that is alright. I love to have this feeling. It makes me feel good to know that i am touched by many things in life.

LOL... YOu are one of those people too! : ) SO special!!! I also wanted to tell you that i have a TSR ready for you this spring or sooner. Just let me know when you are ready...

You ask if it is Plumeria people? I think it is people that love nature,, things that others dont see. We are different kind of people that love to look into something simple and see the beauty in things that others cant see. Sunsets, Flowers.. Nature all around us... I guess we are fortunate to have this quality among us. That is why i love this forum.. We have wonderful people here who share in many interest as well as the love of Plumeria and friends...

Lynn.. I love sappy too! Love your last post!!! So sweet!

Dave...I am truly hoping that the dad will be home in time to share this special moment. You are a super "dad" I have seen that first hand.. If my son in law has just a little of what you share with your daughter, i will be so happy!!

Thank you for all the wishes and for always being a great friend. You and your family are truly blessed.

I will keep you posted.. Thank you Dave!!!

Greg...You are amazing... I am so thankful for all of you here. OK.. I wont get all emotional.. But you know what i think of you!!! I think you are wonderful and your "eye roller" is very lucky!!! Thank you.. Yes.. Peg is a great lady.. I am so thankful to have her close..

Hugs to you all...

Mahalo!!

Laura

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi BIll,

Sorry i forgot to mention you in the long post!!!

Hope you all made it home alright!

Thank you for the kind wishes as well..

Your Note was very kind.. Im so glad you like your new babies!!!

Thank you for your visit, and please feel free to stop by anytime.

Laura

• pcput
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the praises of my handy work. I haven't sewed an outfit in years. I usually do knitting or crochet or some other craft. I've sewed since I was 5, making Barbie clothes a lot when she came on the scene. I've done wedding dresses for my daughter's wedding and veils for lots of the brides in the family. I'd rather do the hand sewing than using the machine. I was working on a different blanket that I was going to give her for her grandson but when she mentioned in a post she was trying to find a plumeria shirt for him, I knew I could do that if I could find the material. I just couldn't pass up the frog material when I saw it,for her "little prince" so that became his blanket.
    But most of all I love doing it for those I care about. Laura is now one of those people. I am so blessed to be living so close and got to know her(thanks Big Wave Dave). She is one of those special people and is just as sweet as she comes across posting on here. Those who have been lucky enough to meet her know what I say is true. There are so many wonderful people on here so willing to help and share. I feel like I know you all and wish we could all meet. I think Laura said it best " We are different kind of people that love to look into something simple and see the beauty in things that others cant see."

Those of you who will be in the path of Isaac, please stay safe.
    Those in harms way of the many fires, please stay safe.
    Those of you who are in the path of mosquitoes with west nile virus,please stay safe.
    In case I forgot any disasters out there, stay safe.
    We don't want anything to happen to our many friends. Peg

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Peg, truly wonderful gifts you made! Love the colors. I bet Laura was giddy when she saw the fantastic fabric. That kid will know more about tropicals by age two than most people will learn in a lifetime! You are a lovely friend.

Laura, I'm so happy to hear that SIL may be back in time! What an event for your family. I'm thinking of you guys and hoping for the very best: everyone healthy, happy and present!

• nativec
    11 years ago

Dang it Laura...you did it to me again just reading your response :)

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

What a thoughtful gift. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and their families are always in my prayers.

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting