Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb13_gw

Seedpod?

barb13_gw
10 years ago

I was checking my plants and am hoping that this is a start of a seedpod. I watched the tape and tried it a couple of different ways but picked one of my favorites new seedling and will have to see what happens. Anyone else is getting or finding seedpods yet? Barb

Comments (19)

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

Kind of looks like one to me! Fingers crossed!

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mary, You email me but did not send a email address. Tape I watched was this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuao8Rf54Xc

Have fun, Barb

• astrl
    10 years ago

Looks like! Congrats!

astrl

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Astrl, Beside looking at it over and over I am going to try it on some other ones tomorrow. Will see what happens. Barb

This post was edited by barb13 on Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 22:11

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Barb, I have one seed pod, a monster on CA Sally. I'm hoping it makes it next spring so I can send out a lot of seeds.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

could be.

I have one, well two on my hearts desire. I wont have a use for the seeds so Ill be sending them out when its done.

Hey Jen. How are you?

Mike

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Found a new one this morning. I had nothing to do with this one it was just old Mother nature. Most years I get one to 3 of them but will be trying to get more with a little help from myself. It gives me something to look at over winter. Anyone else find any yet besides Mike and Jen? barb

This is on a no name pink.

This post was edited by barb13 on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 17:38

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

I have not seen my plumeria in awhile, I had one seed pod forming on Mardi Gras, the last time I was down there. We are going back Thursday, I will let you know if I have anymore. They had 6 inches of rain yesterday. Barbra

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Barbra, You are going to have to post some pictures. I just love looking at all of the flowers, and seedpods. Travel safe, Barb

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another surprise I found this morning. This is also a no name pink. But the funny thing is that both this one and the other one I posted I have had a very long time and this is the first time that they have had a seedpod. Both seem to bloom each year but there must be magic in the air. Enjoy your day, Barb

• Mykel02
    10 years ago

Wow this season is your lucky season hehe...

• Mykel02
    10 years ago

Wow this season is your lucky season hehe...

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Barb, I just packed my camera. I just hope I can stand the mosquitoes, they are horrible down there. I am hoping to see blooms, so I can finally take pictures, I will also take pictures of any seed pods. We are going to stay almost a week, so I am excited. Barbra

• Quaching
    10 years ago

Ok Barb, I'm really jealous now. I was one of the poeple that promoted the video on the other seed pod posts. I tried this method about 5 times with no luck. Do you think you could come to Alabama and use your luck on some of my plumeria's to produce some seed pods, haha. Glad it worked for you and at least it gives me hope that the process does actually work.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Quaching,
    2 of the seedpods I did not even touch, for one they are much to high for me. The one on the first picture I did do a little different then the video. I did a couple more and if they work then I will say it must be more then luck. What did I do different. I did cut off 3/4 of the stem of the flower like in the video but a while back I got a kit that you stick in the tip and it will help with the process. I used the tip end of a children's paint brush. I also on some others took another flower, just picked not cut off the stem and opened it up and took out anthers and put them in the stem pushing them down. I don't know if this works for sure but you could look at this and see if this also helps.

http://www.azplumeria.org/handpollination.htm

I did not open the plant on the side but by cutting it 3/4 down it did help to add this to the bottom of the stem.
    I did not use all of the things he did since I only used plants that were not far up and I used a couple of paint brushes, wrong end and wearing my reading glasses so I can see. LOL Will let you know if the new ones I did works. If not it was just lots of luck and Mother nature. Barb

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Barbra, Sorry that you get so many mosquitoes, I saw on a show that if you use a dryer sheet in your pocket or under a hat it would help keep mosquitoes away. I don't know if it works but I would try a couple of them just incase. Looking forward to your pictures. Travel safe, Barb

• Kenny
    10 years ago

I have 2 seedpods, both are from Jungle Jack's plants that I bought earlier this summer. I sure picked good ones because just as I thought they're about done blooming, the inflos are sending up some more buds. Pic is of Elsie and Thai Jade seedpods.

Kenny

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Kenny, They look great. It is always a thrill to see that you have got some seedpods. Now it is that waiting that seems to take forever. Thanks for sharing, Barb

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Mike, I'm without a computer again and having to borrow an IPad. Typing no fun :(

I'm dying to get my Kauai plumie photos up but can't yet. You all will love them!

How're you, Mike? How's the house coming along?

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz