Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few more shots of Penang and Miss Daisy

Posted by dave_in_nova VA zone 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 21, 09 at 18:31

My Penang Peach is having a good year! Two of five inflos are currently blooming:
Photobucket

Daisy Wilcox just started.
Photobucket

These flowers are large! This one about 4.5" across.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few more shots of Penang and Miss Daisy

Daisy will get bigger in time. Mine has regular 5"+ flowers and last year had one flower that was 7" across. And it blooms heavily.I have dozens of inflos just loaded down with flowers with more coming soon. People just freak when they see those giant flowers. You plants are looking healthy Dave. Finally you got some decent weather?

o

Yes, once our cool, wet Spring was over, by late June good weather set in. It wasn't overly hot all summer. We just got another inch of rain yesterday. It's actually been a very good summer for plumeria growth. Late July and August were super humid and warm! I'll take some pics of the newly rooted cuttings from California!

o

Very nice. Ill be getting my first plumeria bloom ever next week and I love seeing other peoples sucess while I wait. This is my first year Ive ever attempted to grow plumerias, but now I have 3, 2 of which are setting inflos. Im not sure of the name for the one that will be blooming this week, but the other one is called "pretty princess" and probably wont bloom for another month.

Good luck with your plumerias. It looks like they are very healthy and happy. Ill definately be posting pics when my plumerias bloom.

o

Hey Dave,

Your blooms are quite beautiful!!! I especially love the Penang Peach....love the colors!!! My "unknown named " is still blooming...and my Mini Divine that I received from JJ's is blooming...I love the small flowers...How about all of this hot weather? My Plumies are very healthy...green and ready for about 3 more months of summer... LOL (I wish)

Laura in VB

o

Beautiful Dave

Lucy

o

Dave your plumies are looking good, keep up the good work.

Rigo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here