Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Did anyone buy John's new release 'Cherokee Geisha'?

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

I bought 'Cherokee Geisha' back in May of this year. I was so stoked to get this after seeing pics of it from my friend Sonia. Now I know she lives in a very hot area of California, so the colors she has seen on her 'Cherokee Geisha' are probobly not what I can expect or will see when mine eventually blooms.

Because of the cost, I bought mine in a 1 gal pot, and at that size it still ran me $64.50. Now I know many people will say that if I waited a year or two, the price would have probobly dropped some. The main reason I chose not to wait was because I had been told that C.G. has to grow to at least 2ft before it will bloom.

Now since I have had my C.G. I can say it has grown maybe 1/4 in. I also know that John specializes in growing plumeria that are shorter and more compact.

What I would like to know is if anyone else bought a C.G. and if so, have you noticed the same thing, that the growth on this particular hybrid is slower?

If the growth rate doesn't pick up sometime soon, I will be waiting another 2 or 3 years for this plumeria to bloom:(

Andrew

Comment (1)