Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Look what the Heat/Sun did to my flowers!

No-Clue
11 years ago

Finally we got a little heat wave going on and my flowers are showing some amazing colors! The cooler temps were in the mid 70s and the recent heat wave were in the mid-80s to low 90s.

{{gwi:1196535}}

CA Sunset in cool temps

{{gwi:1196539}}

CA Sunset in much warmer temps

{{gwi:1196542}}

Divine in cooler temps

{{gwi:1196544}}

Divine in warmer temps

{{gwi:1196546}}

More Divine in cooler temps...which by the way has been blooming for me since May and still going strong!!

{{gwi:1196548}}

Divine in warmer temps... I love this version much better!

{{gwi:1186592}}

Inca Gold in cooler temps... I already love this beauty

{{gwi:1196551}}

Inca Gold in warmer temps... I didn't think she could get even more yellow but she did!

{{gwi:1186589}}

Elsie in cooler temps...

{{gwi:1196553}}

Elsie in warmer temps...which I don't think she changed all that much.

{{gwi:1196554}}

Elsie... another shot in warmer temps.

{{gwi:1192730}}

Rhonda... in cooler temps

{{gwi:1186601}}

Rhonda in warmer temps...

{{gwi:1174561}}

Rhonda this week in the low 90s. Still going strong... still smells heavenly! Still my favorite girl!

{{gwi:1177565}}

J105 in cooler temps

{{gwi:795662}}

J105 in warmer temps

{{gwi:1196555}}

J105 in hot temps

{{gwi:1186591}}

Whirlwind cool

{{gwi:1196556}}

Whirlwind warm... again I like this version better.

{{gwi:1186607}}

JJ's NOID in cooler temps

{{gwi:1191263}}

JJ's NOID in warmer temps...

{{gwi:1191262}}

JJ's NOID... I love her in all temps... while her colors might nor have changed much but I think her shape have?

{{gwi:1185532}}

Wizard in cooler temps... love!

{{gwi:1196557}}

Wizard in warmer temps... still beautiful!

{{gwi:1196560}}

Wizard... but then this week she changed into something quite stunning!!

{{gwi:1196561}}

Wizard... wow I'm in love!

{{gwi:1196562}}

Wizard... my surprise! I didn't think she would be this gorgeous in the heat!

{{gwi:1196563}}

I'm so pleased with this beauty! She was my impulse purchase and I'm so glad I took her home with me.

{{gwi:1196564}}

Family portrait on 2nd Floor Balcony

{{gwi:1196565}}

The rest are up on the 3rd Floor balcony. See I got plenty of room to buy more BUT I hate having to carry them all the way up there. Not to mention watering them is a pain too!

Comments (22)

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well, you have quite a collection, and that Wizard is a real beauty.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh I forgot all about Christina!

{{gwi:1196566}}
    Here is Christina in cooler temps

{{gwi:1196567}}
    Here is Christina in warmer temps... she's quite a beauty isn't she? Mild sweet fragrance... very happy with her as well.

{{gwi:1196568}}
    Here is my Vienna Rose. She doesn't bloom much just one or two at a time but she's also very beautiful to me.

{{gwi:1196569}}
    Cyndi M is very nice as well. I love here sweet sweet fragrance!

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

NC - WOW!!! They are looking good. I was not aware they changed that much with the temps. I can't wait to see what you get at the September sale.

Bill

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

jperilloux - I'm pleasantly surprised at how beautiful Wizard turned out to be too! I now remember seeing another Wizard at HD but the flowers were tiny and not remotely pretty so when I saw Wizard again at JJ's Open House I had to get her! But still I had no idea she would totally change her color like that. I actually like her in all temps... very impressive! She smells sweet w/ a little kick. My baby girl said it's spicy to her.

Bill, I have a few on my wish list... but I still have to recover from the move first! I am still undecided if I will go. So we shall see. :)

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Lynn - you know how I love your Rhonda but now I'm confused. Is she at her best in cooler or warmer weather? I swear I will have a sleepless night as I ponder that one over! :)

Wizard is a beauty and that JJ Noid just gets better and better! Whirlwind... gosh, I think I'm going to have a restless winter! I"m planning on a trip to Fla to plumie shop. :)

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL Mona, now you know how I feel!

I love Rhonda in all weather. Although she's shows more separation of colors and her petals curl more in the hotter temps. And her scent is still as intense! I leave my window open at night and the sweet fragrance fills the balmy air just makes me feel so happy.

Yes I still love JJ's NOID. I went for her scent and got lucky. Whirlwind is very pretty and different too. But Wizard is magical. Absolutely stunning in person. I love them all!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here are a few that I just shot this evening...

{{gwi:1174560}}
    Rhonda in heat

{{gwi:1196570}}
    Vienna Rose much more pink than before.

{{gwi:1196571}}
    My Mary Helen Eggenberger is about to bloom! I hope she smells nice.

{{gwi:1196572}}
    J105 FINALLY showing off her beauty! WOWZA!! LOVE!!!

{{gwi:1196573}}
    Here is my Star of Siam seed pods. Those are seed pods right??

• pcput
    11 years ago

You got that right Lynn. Your seed pod is looking good. Your plants look none the worst for the move. I don't envy you having to move them again. You might need to think about a hand truck ! They are gorgeous. Peg

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Peg! They survived the move because I literally babied them and only let DH helped me. Will have to rethink this when we move again.

I am happy to see they survived the move w/out much harm. :)

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Great looking blooms!!!
    Lonnie

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

NC,

Gorgeous blooms, all! Love your collection and am a bit jealous that a newbie has so many blooms :-) LOL good for you. Vienna Rose is my new "fave that I don't have...yet".

Thanks for sharing.

Greg

• houstontexas123
    11 years ago

awesome looking blooms, very vibrant and bold

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nah Greg don't be. You got Waimea that I'm drooling over! So it's all good. Hopefully one of the 3 Waimea plants I got will bloom for me.

Vienna Rose is so dainty and delicate. She's such a cool beauty. Very very unique. Also her blooms will last for weeks I swear!

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Devine has become my favorite! I have about 20 of them and you're right - they just keep blooming and the smell is wonderful!

• hawkeye38
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I am so jealous. How old are the bloomers? My 3 are 1 and 1/2 years old and are growing great but no blooms yet. Do you live in a rain forest or do you water frequently? :-)
    Hawkeye

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Hawk,

LOL I just like to mist my plants first thing int he morning and later in the evening. They seem to like it.

I'm guessing my blooming plants are around 3-5 years old. A few are about 1yr old. I just started this April. I have quite a few that I bought from Hawaii that are newly rooted this year so those are not blooming. I am hoping to get lucky next year.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

I think you'll have to devise a 'dumbwaiter' type system to get all the plants down instead of the stairs. A vision of New York piano movers come to mind. LOL! Seriously though, I think it could work!!!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I went and bought six more plants yesterday so I think my self imposed ban lasted a week if that. At this point I will just have to trail the movers every step of the way to make sure they carry them gently back down. Perhaps a Uhaul to move my plants separate is in order.

• tomatotomata
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Teaches me that I should stop stressing about mine for a minute, and enjoy the blooms.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Lynn,

They are ALL BEAUTIFUL!!!

Makes me wish that i had more blooms..

Please enjoy them for us and go back and take an extra sniff for me...

Love them!!

Laura

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh, those are just beautiful! You have done a great job getting them to bloom. What six new ones did you buy? Barbra

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Barbra,

I bought:

1. My Valentine
    2. Kimi Moragne
    3. Siam Ruby
    4. Butterfly Gold
    5. Hilo Beauty
    6. JL Golden Pagoda