Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy surprise

Posted by barb13 z10 CA (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 18:46

I was outside checking the late ones that are going to bloom and found this. First one for me this year. Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy surprise

• Posted by rcharles Canada, West Coast 7 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 18:59

Really nice to find a seed pod. They look much like the Adenium seed pod in that they form looking like a set of horns. I guess they are related.
Barb, I have started seeds before, but do the seeds have the feathery ends on as the Adenium seeds do?
Rick

o

Rick, Here is a picture of some seeds that I started a couple of months ago. I have never seen a Adenium seed pod or seeds so not sure how much a like they are. I did know that it takes about 9 months for a plumeria seedpod to be ready. Barb

o

Here is a picture with my grandson of the biggest seedpod I ever had. Barb

o

• Posted by rcharles Canada, West Coast 7 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 20:42

Oh my. They look like a set of handle bars. Huge. Nine months is a long time.
I started some seeds quite awhile ago, but ended up lacing them as I was unsure whether I could look after them as they matured in my climate.
I am always so taken with them and Laura's has posted photo's of theirs and are so stunning.
Our trip to Hawaii each year always makes me want to restart some.
Thanks for photo's,
Rick

o

I found my first ever seed pod today. Need to do some research, but 9 months? Wow. I had no idea.

o

I had recently said that I would no longer allow seed pods to grow to maturity. Now I've been whining because I don't have a single seed pod anywhere. lol Seems I can't be made happy! :)

o

You rock Barb!

I've been trying to pollinate my trees for years with no success. I'm envious....lol

Jason

o

WOWZA! Now that is a seedpod. I'm bowing down right now! I have never seen anything like that. May I ask which one of your lovely plants is the parent? Just awesome!

o

Sariah's Curly pink is notorious for producing pods of that size. Part of me hates the pods because it really slows down the following year's bloom. My TMG just opened its second inflo on a 7 tip plant after it had 5 double pods. There is at least one set on TMG already and Pink Pansy has some too.

Also an Unnamed TMG seedling (from Jandy's stock) which bloomed for the first time has pods forming too. Babies having babies. No doubt due to the absentee father.

o

It has been a few years and can not remember if it was a Plastic pink or a no name pink. Here is a picture of the no name pink. This one seems to have a seedpod most years. I also seem to get a lot of seedpots from the plastic pink one. Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here