Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
newbie with a plumie

Posted by hanna84 none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 19:08

Ok so I am totally new at keeping plans alive! I have managed to keep my first plumeria "Piper" alive for about 6months. She already bloomed but the blooms are turning brown and falling off now she is turning yellow. Is she ok?my new plumies I got about 2 months ago are not so hot. They are very floppy :(
I live in south texas and it is very hot and dry here. They are all in pots. They get lots and lots of sun.
Someone please help. What am I doing wrong?
(Also, can I post about my desert rose here?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: newbie with a plumie

Here's the others

o

Droopy :(

o

They look dehydrated. Usually in hot places like Texas most people put them in half sun. The sun there is just to hot for them. They are native to South America and the Caribbean and it usually doesn't get in the triple digits regularly. I would put them in less sun. Like 4 to 5 hours a day.

Josh

o

Thank you very much! I just moved them under the porch! :)
Everyone here has these and I see them thriving and blooming like crazy. When I got my "droopy" ones they were really small and I repotted them right away. Can that have anything to do with it? The nursery had just gotten them in that morning.

o

Hi there! I live in Austin so I know the heat you're dealing with! I agree that they needed an area where they get a break from the sun for at least a few hours. Also, I would recommend bigger pots with more soil in them-that light blue one could be raised at least an inch (maybe more?) to reduce the empty top space. The first plant is about big enough for a bigger pot depending on the root mass. Your plants actually look really good, they just look like they needed a break & more water. Good luck & please keep us posted!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here