Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Princess Victoria (a Metari pink this year with a touch of color break):

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some group flowers

Hello Bill,

Those blooms are just beautiful!!!

Glad to see that your trees are responding to the California sunshine...are the "gloom" days finally over?

Laura in VB

o

one other group

o

Wow. The "cooktown sunset" is real nice. Hope we hold on to our blooms as long as we can before it turns cold. Have a great holiday weekend.

o

Wow, your flowers are beautiful! I'm also in southern CA (Laguna Hills), just started growing plumerias, and noticed that the last couple of weeks my plumeria flowers started looking a lot better (more pronounced colors). I hope this warm weather lasts a little longer!

o

Hi Bill,

Plumerias are looking GREAT! Not getting enough heat in HB this year to get the colors. Everything is so late. Would love to swing by and check out the yard. Haven't been there in a couple of years.

Joe

o

e-mal me Joe. You are always welcome. Bill

o

WOW!!!! Beautiful! I think I like Cooktown sunset the best out of those, but its really hard to pick since they are all very beautiful! Thanks for sharing, everything looks great as usual!!
Good luck!
-Alex

o

Hey Bill
How does the Mele Pa Bowman smell. I've been wanting an evergreen but I've heard the singapore is prone to black tip.

o

Chimaan- MPB has a soft sweet smell, not spectacular but pleasant. Singapore is very sensitive to cold and black tip whereas the MPG is a bit more hardy. I have the dwarf pink too but it does not impress me at all.
Alex- I really have always like Cooktown Sunset too, but it is a floppy grower and needs to be staked well. It is much more intense in hot, humid weather:
picture by my wife taken in 06

o

• Posted by labland Inland Valley, 9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 22:18

Bill,

Love to see your booms! Is there any way I can figure out the names/colors of my plumies? Many that I have are from a local grower and did not have their colors named. One I have, I think is "playful", but not too sure. I have at least 4 Singapore Whites as well. I love their look and the smell!

o

You cannot for sure identify a plumeria by a photo because seedling often look like registered varieties but are not. Only cuttings from registered varieties are really copies. That being said, you can go to growers catalogues like exotic plumerias in Florida, mauiplumeriagardens, aloha plumerias, florida colors, and others and look for similar flowers. Also the plumeria society of America has a flower section and several societies do to. Just say it is probably a xyz and don't sell cuttings as xyz because there is way too many people selling wrong cuttings under wrong names. Even some of these growers and sections have incorrect data. I have bought dozens of wrong plants some from some of the top growers. Mistakes happen, but it takes 3-4 years until you realize it is wrong.

o

Nice job!!!

o

Bill, tell about the 'Divine'. Does it have a fragrance? How has it done for you overall? I'm trying to root a cutting right now. I need compact growers!

o

Dave- I do not get much scent from divine. It is compact and a good bloomer. Mine is young but is flowering fairly heavily. I lost one of the three branches and am rooting it now, but the other two are doing fine. I think it is a very good dwarf but overall I am still not sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here