Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have Lillian Chinn?

Posted by moonie_57 8 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 19:38

Matt had it on ebay last week. The shape and colors of the flower were awesome! I must have gone to look at it a dozen times, and pondered over bidding on it but felt like I have enough rooting cuttings to deal with this coming winter.

I just went to look at the photo again and it's gone. Even searched the internet for another pic and came up with nothing.

I'm finding that the petal shapes of flowers are really want does it for me! LOL
What do you guys notice first about a flower? Color or shape? How often do you catch a scent before you see the bloom?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have Lillian Chinn?

And for anyone interested enough to go look....
On Bill's thread "Some flowers", scroll down to his pic of Mango Blush. Note the flower in the center and the one all the way to the left. What would you call that petal shape? I find that very attractive. Lillian Chinn was very similar in shape.

o
RE: Does anyone have Lillian Chinn?

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 21:25

Hi Mona,

I saw JL Lillian K T Chinn plumeria in person so is that the same as what you're talking about? It's a beautiful plant with beautiful flowers. However, I just feel like I have so many pink flowers and right now I'm into red. Additionally, her scent while was very pleasant, it was on the softer side to me. So it didn't scream "Take Me Home!". Plus it was very tall and lanky so I passed. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here