Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Had to cut off an inflo and made a video

Posted by konatiki (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 21:33

I had to cut off an inflo on one of my cuttings so I made a how to video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70_MDkRvjlI

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Had to cut off an inflo and made a video

Yup. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

o

Why the rootone? Won't the inflo stem fall off anyway?

o

I'm guessing he's using a rooting powder that contains a fungicide. You can use any type of fungicide on the cuts.

Some cuttings won't develop foliage and roots if they have an inflo because all the energy is going to the flowers. Cutting off the inflo will promote root development and in turn foliage. It can be difficult to snip off an inflo, especially for those of us that don't get many but like Dave says.......

o

My madame poni is working on some inflos but I'm leaving them alone. It have about 10 leaves, we'll just see how it goes, it'll be another month before the buds show up

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here