Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

LUAU in Ventura

rox146
10 years ago

Well, we had great weather, but the flowers could have looked better. Fun had by all. roxanne

Comments (37)

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kayaking for those so inclined. I had to move many to the down below the deck area so room on our tiny deck. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A table showing the new JJ additions. Trying to start a small informal group for the Ventura County area. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Many different scents to enjoy. Met all kinds of plumie addicts. FUN! roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The court yard is cooler so it was not blooming as well. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All not blooming were banished to the side of the house... roxanne :-)

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

many brought blooms and cuttings and most left with a happy smile and cutting in hand. The nice man who got me going on these brought us the wonderful cutting on the table. This was our 3rd annual. Trying to get better each year. mahalo, roxanne

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Sorry we could not make it Rox but Sherry was back to school and had too much to do this weekend. Looks like you had a great time. Bill

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing the pics! Awesome luau!! Seems like you've had a rather cloudy day but still enough blooms to enjoy. Beautiful piece of heaven you have there Roxanne. :)

Mima

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks Mima...I took the pix the day after and it was foggy then. We had sun and warm for the luau. Last guest left at 11:30 p.m. WOW!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I forgot to show the nursery...AND the live capture trap for the racoons and possums and squirrels...all the cuttings right by it are rooted with an egg. roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Rox,

Simply beautiful...

I can only imagine the fragrance as well as the overall beauty there !!!

The festive blooms, friends, spirits as well as the delicious food... OH MY!!

What a beautiful setting you have!!

I love the view from your home with the boats.. It reminds me of a water tour we had in Costa Mesa.. Loved that boat tour!!

Simple gorgeous...

Laura

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mahalo Lovely Laura...you need to come next year...roxanne

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Roxanne, I couldn't have had a better time! You are an awesome host and that was a wonderful luau!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hope to get better at it each year as the herd gets better...mahalos seminude!

• uglyhair
    10 years ago

Rox, thanks so much to you and Larry for hosting a really great afternoon....amazing weather, beautiful backyard of plumeria, icy cold beer, and terrific food! I was bummed that i had to bail but the kiddies were calling.

Cheers, Mike
    Ventura

• cbadcali
    10 years ago

I had to laugh when I read Seminude was there Rox146. sometimes the unintentional is so funny. In texting, I find some totally inappropriate words come up with spellcheck on! anyway, glad you all had a good time with SimiDude or SemiNude! Mary

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Mary, I busted up when I read that. We've all been there with auto spellcheck, Roxanne, we've all typed simple things that ended up kind of shocking! "Seminude" - too funny.

10 years ago

Lol. To funny !! ;-)

Laura

That would happen to me and my spell check!!! Lol.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

I am personally going to be calling you Seminude from now on, George.

At first I thought it was a new nickname Rox made up for you based on your apparel choice at the luau. The minds reels...LOL!

Rox, your home is drop-dead gorgeous! And how wonderful of you to share it with everyone.

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Too funny, Jandey! I've been getting texts this morning referring to me as "Seminude"! News travels!

• barb13_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update and the beautiful pictures Roxanne. Looks like everyone even the plants had a great time. Barb

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

hahahaha...SIMIDUDE....just back from the Home Goods trip and reading the spell check phopahs....oops...I was working on no sleep before or after the luau....4 days of it total and the mind does strange things....SORRY...but put a smile on my face...hope your day was great!

Thankyou all for the nice comments and Mike you are the best....stay for the after party next time....mahalo, roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The right hand side of the down below deck/growing area keeps going off with the right amount of sun....I need to put some of these big ones in the ground next season and thin the herd in the courtyard. roxanne

• dthrooop
    10 years ago

Hi Roxanne,

It sounds like fun was had by all, but how could it not be with so many great plumerias and people gathering together! I saw your comment on the 25th about starting a small informal group, and that's something I was actually talking with "SimiDude" (cracking me up on that one!!!) about a few weeks ago. If you're still considering, please let me know and maybe we could put something together. I'm sure there's enough interest.

Cheers!
    Dan

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aloha Dan...yes, let's get 1 going...informal though, no Roberts Rules... :-))) I was sending out something hopefully this week...when and where??? mahalo, roxanne

• dthrooop
    10 years ago

roxanne - sounds like a plan is forming! Yes, informal is the way to go. Maybe we start with a list of interested people to see how many we have (or just pull from your luau list?) and go from there. VC is relatively small, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for those nearby. We are talking plumeria after all! If you'd like, send me and email and we'll toss about some more ideas to move it forward. Aloha!

Cheers!
    Dan

• texasplum
    10 years ago

What a beautiful place!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aloha Dan, I sent a group e-mail out this morning. Should be fun...roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am so happy that the ultimate goal has been achieved...get the nutballs in Ventura County together for interest and info and sharing....YEAY!!!!! Next stop SIMI!!!!! roxanne

• Mary1956
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for a plumeria group in ventura county and came across this. Does anyone know of a group or growers in ventura county? I live in Simi Valley.

Thanks,

Mary

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My O My you are in luck.....there are 3 great guys that live in Simi and one is having our Ventura County meeting at his house next weekend....personal message sent to Simidude should get you the info....welcome. roxanne

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Mary, send me a personal note. We'd love to welcome you and definitely invite you to the meeting next Saturday the 23rd if you're available.

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mary...good times and great people...and I could be roxanne1952..... :-)

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We would all love to meet you Mary in Ventura County Plumeria Group.

• Mary1956
    9 years ago

Thank you! I sent a message to SimiDude. I had already committed to a friend for this Saturday to attend an event with her. Not know it was going to be from 9-4 and thinking it was just a couple of hours... So depending on the time of your meeting which I really would love to attend, I may try and slip away. Thank you for the welcome!

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Always looking to meet more plumie addicts Mary....roxanne

9 years ago

Mary...

Just a little message from across the country... ". YOU HAVE TO GO!!"

Subtle? . Ahhh. Good!! ;-)

A wonderful group and you will have a ball...

Night!!!

Laura

Sponsored
ABC Glass and Mirror
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars46 Reviews
Northern Virginia Leading Shower Glass and Mirror Designer