Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumygirl

Trying to I.D. the bloom

plumygirl
10 years ago

I bought a bunch of cuttings from a vendor that everyone was crazy about and none of them bloomed even close to the site photo. This is one of them. I've an idea as to the cultivar but would welcome any ideas.

Comments (5)

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    10 years ago

Edi or Cyndi Moragne?

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

First you cannot positively iD a named variety from a flower or a picture of a flower because a seedling, like your children, is not the parent even if it looks the same. with that said, it is not, I believe a clone of Cyndi Moragne because it has a striped bud and not a solid pink:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    It could be a clone of a Daisy Wilcox or a seedling of a number of similar flowers. Daisy has the pink bud but its petals are thick when mature:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    It has many of the features of Edi Moragne which is the closest looking named flower but again could be any number of seedlings so I would say it looks similar to Edi.

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

Wow Bill! Your Daisy Wilcox is amazing! Mine is growing nicely, but my Psycho's are HUGE now! Well huge for me having to grow them in a less than ideal environment! No flowers this summer but I will let one of them continue growing under my HPS light.

Hi Plumygirl! So sorry this has happened to you, but if you got these from the vendor I am thinking you got them from, I have to say, I am not too terribly surprised. I only received cuttings from him once. One was an awesome 9 tip Celadine. I suspect it was one of those canopy cuttings based on how many tips it has, and how they are so close to each other.

I also got 2 others but they were labeled as no I.D.s. They were all a gift from a very good friend of mine. Because I didn't pay for them, I really could't complain. I just feel really bad for call of you that did order from this vendor, and did not get what you paid for. I saw some posts from this person on Facebook proclaiming that they were selling people the correct trees, but I have a hard time believing it.

I just hope your other cuttings ARE the cuttings you ordered. I also have to say that this is a really nice flower! Does it at least have a nice fragrance!

Andrew

• plumygirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys! Agree it is closest to Edi M. but I really like it and it is staying here so I'll watch and see what develops as it ages. There is more yellow in the flower if left in full sun..think I have pics.

Andrew, I believe you are pretty much on to the vendor in question. I've purchased 7 cuttings from him a good while back and not one comes even close to the site photo but, so far I like them and as with the "Edi M."? they are staying here. As irritating as this is I'm reassured that I'm NOT being too careful when it comes to selling.

So, just went outside and noticed my Keiki Lavender is blooming and so is another from the one HA vendor. If you guys would not mind giving this one a look and see what you think I'll go out and snap a photo and post it.

• plumygirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Andrew, I forgot about the fragrance. Honey and jasmine. It smells delicious plus the petals are somewhat on the thick side. I'll have to give it a name. Maybe Edi or Maybe Cyndi related just won't work longtime. The plant tags aren't large enough ;))

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living