Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mykel02_gw

I need help identifying some of my plumeria...

Mykel02
10 years ago

Hello guys!
I like plumerias and I have some at home... Some I bought and some were given to me... and most I don't know the name... Hope you guys can help me identify them... I'll be posting them one by one (kinda new to forums hehe)...

Comments (17)

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plumeria 1

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plumeria 2

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plumeria 3

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plumeria 4

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plumeria 5

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plumeria 6 (the rainbow colored one)

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plumeria 7

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And lastly Plumeria 8...
    Thanks to those who will reply...

• nauticalcoasts
    10 years ago

Plumeria #6 looks similar to nebel's rainbow, but I cannot be for sure. I'll add a link so you can see what Nebel's rainbow usually looks like. Remember, blooms get darker colors with more heat, so that could be why it is so light if it is in fact Nebel's Rainbow.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• nauticalcoasts
    10 years ago

Also, #8 looks like Jim Little's Pink Pansy variety. Below is a link of the picture of the variety.
    Also, what is the scent of the red flower (#5)?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Pansy

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nauticalcoasts.... Thanks for the reply and the links, you are right they do look like Nabel's rainbow and Pink Pansy... I didn't know that they change color because of heat so thanks for the tip as well hehe... As for the red flower I forgot the smell and I cut the inflo before planting it so I can't really tell what it smells like...

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

2 or $10??? What a deal!

The only one that I could positively identify would be Pink Pansy.

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Moonie_57... Yeah it was 2 cuttings for $10, and it was 3-4 tips each... I can say that was a good deal since cuttings like that would go for more... I can pretty much say that it is a Pink Pansy hehe... Better start labeling it :-)

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

1 (or could I say 2 considering Plumeria 6 is Nabel's rainbow) plumeria labeled... 7 (or 6) more to go (-_-)

• veronika33
    9 years ago

Hi all!
    Wanted to share my pic of Plumeria from vacation in Spain and was also wondering if anyone can identify its name. It had really big flowers and had citrus-floral scent. I'm trying to find it on some online shops, so far not successful.

• tdogdad
    9 years ago

Because so many seedlings look much like named varieties but can have completely different genes, identifying plants from pictures is one of the biggest errors in the plumie world. This is one reason so many plants sold as cuttings from picture ids, turn out to be incorrect plants. If you did not buy a plant from a reputable vendor as a named variety you really are wrong to assume the plant in the picture is a named variety. For example, I had a seedling from a Vera Cruz Rose that looked exactly like a Nebel's Rainbow. Also I had a seedling from a Ryan Chelsea that looked exactly like a Lani. The high number of genes creates many variables for plant survival. I recommend people label a plant as looks like a _____ or possibly a _______. Please never sell a cutting as some plant picked from a picture. This is just wrong and has caused so much error in correct identification of registered cultivars.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

I also agree with Bill.. It fun to try and see what they can be, but we can't always be sure unless it is from a reputable seller and it is a cutting, not from a seedling.. You can always name it " pink pansy lookalike from xxx". And so on...we collectors try and keep the tree to their true parentage... Enjoy, but remember it is so hard to identify from a pic...

They are all beautiful. Congratulations!!

Laura

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!