Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

August weather for my area

moonie_57 (8 NC)
10 years ago

Understand that I'm not -exactly- complaining about our cooler than average summer. I mean, after all, I do work at a plant farm and it's hotter than h*** in both the greenhouses and on the black landscaping fabric on those hot days. BUT, a cooler summer has had an impact on this years plumeria growth.

I was just looking at a weather history map, comparing last years temps to this year. Of the 24 days we've already had in August, 17 of them were below average. Of those 17 days below average, 11 of them were at least 5 degrees lower, with some days being as many as 11 degrees lower.

For July, only 13 days were more than 1 degree below normal. Nightly lows were pretty much normal for both months.

I've seen many of you from Cali complain about the gloom and cooler weather and know that the gulf coast area has had -lots- of rain. To me it seems like we have had a lot of rain, but unless I read the map wrong, we are right about normal for August.

I was expecting more inflos this year and I believe the weather played a part in the less than stellar performance. From what I've seen, Andrew has been very disappointed with his weather as well. Anyone else?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus