Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb13_gw

mystery from MPG

barb13_gw
10 years ago

One of my mystery cuttings from MPG just started blooming. I am thinking that it is a Paul Weissich, since I have another one that is blooming and they look the same. I took these pictures tonight. First picture is of the mystery cutting. What do you think. Barb

Comments (8)

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the one that I ordered from MPG as a Paul Weissich. I love the color.

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Amazing Barb!! Love them both!! Really like Paul Weissich.
    Thanks for sharing :)

Chuy

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Chuy. It is one of the first ones I fall in love with. Never thought that it would take so long for the first one to bloom, about 8 years for me. It bloomed for the first time for me last year. I had started 2 more in those 8 years and at this point I have 3 of them blooming. Now with the mystery one that I need to tag it makes 4. :) Barb

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

They are very beautiful and look to be the same. Did you compare the leaves? In the 1st pic, the petioiles have a lot of red in them. Does the 2nd? Also, in the 1st pic the leaf margins appear to be very close to the edge of the leaf. Is it the same for the 2nd? In the 2nd pic, I see a leaf to the right of the flower. It seems like a different leaf than the leaves in the 1st pic. Is that leaf from a plant sitting next to plant 2?

My eyesight is getting very bad!

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Moonie, It is not your eyes. As you can see from this picture I have way to many and they are sitting so close to each other. This is only one place in my yard but the pool will be removed in December and then I will have plenty of room to move them around. It takes about 2 hours to water everything and I am so surprised how much everything has grow this year. Never in the last 16 years of growing them has so many grow so much and it always blews my mine that there is so little room to move around them. But on the plus side always seem to find new ones that will be blooming. So far I have 6 seedlings that are going to bloom for the first time in the next couple of weeks. Barb

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Barb!!

OMG! Look at your trees!! A lady after my own heart!

They look so luscious and green!!!

I think I would end up in the pool trying to maneuver around the trees.. Lol!!!

Be careful looking for Inflos!!! ;-)

They are beautiful !!!

Take care,

Laura

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Laura,

I sure love them and even with the lack of room around them I still like to look for new flowers. So far I have not fell in the pool but am looking forward to having the pool gone and moving the forest of plants to different places. Just think I can start more. LOL Barb

• pcput
    10 years ago

I agree with Laura, Barb! That is one good looking forest. You can splash in the pool and water the plants all at the same time. Oh Boy! when the pool is gone - shopping here we come! :)
    Peg

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County