Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasiec

What's Blooming For You Today?

kasiec
15 years ago

This is blooming for me today. I don't know what it is. It has a nice spicey scent though.

Okay, who's next.....

Comments (30)

• merandy19
    15 years ago

Hi Kasie,
    Love the red! Here is my CandyStripe or Pinwheel Rainbow.
    I actually dont know if its either, just a guess. Its kinda
    spicy too.

Randy in Savannah

• kevphol
    15 years ago

Nice pics guys. Kasie that red looks great! I have a new inflo, if that counts. It is on one of my plants that I haven't see bloom yet. It is supposed to be a dark red as well, called Red Emma. Pics soon!

Kevin

• craftymama132001
    15 years ago

Hi, all, I agree with Kevin, very pretty blooms! I'm also expecting flowers soon on Aztec Gold and Princess Victoria. It's her first time to bloom, so I'm overly anxious to see them. I'm a bit concerned though. Her inflo has 2 buds on it, and that's it! I've never seen that happen before. Maybe because it's her first time??? Crafty

• merandy19
    15 years ago

Hi guys!
    Thought I would post a few more that I just snapped.
    Its mid 90's here and Im watering every other day as
    most of my plumeria sit on concrete around the pool.
    With all this heat they seem to love the water.
    This is all that is blooming at the moment.
    Mardi Gras blooming on four inflos

Penang Peach, blooming since 12/07

Mele Pa Bowman

Calcutta Star, blooming on new inflo and one from last year

Nebel's Gold

Lemon Drop

Aztec Gold

As sold Dwarf Deciduous, but told its not.

Pink Perfection

Candy Stripe

Unknown Pink, smells like Bazooka bubblegum

Unknown Red

Randy in Savannah Z8b

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW! I love it Randy. Keep it coming.

Kasie

Who's next....

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was out checking the "jungle" this evening and found this one with the color break.

And a tight head of Celedine.

Nebels Rainbow or Intense Rainbow?

Madame Poni(plumieaddict)

Generic white smells like vanilla

Kasie

• kbauman
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Love it love it love it.. enjoy seeing all the blooms. Give me a few days, will have some new blooms to share.
    Rick, Dwarf decidious, the tips of the leaves are round, like singapore.. I have one, shows no desire to bloom. Congrats everyone.

Love this Kasie. Who is next
    Karen B

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    15 years ago

Kasie,

I have several with a color break and I was really disappointed to find that out. I will probably throw them away. Just don't like them. Do they keep that virus forever?

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Dave - My husband is with you on this, he doesn't like the look of them either. He says it looks "diseased".

I don't know anything about this subject. Maybe Bill will chime in and give you infos. on this subject.

Instead of discarding them, why not move it to another location of your yard?

Hi Karen - okay, we'll be waiting for yours.

Next???

Kasie

• alohalani
    15 years ago

Here's what's been blooming for me the last few weeks....

Sold to me as Mardi Gras....any guesses???

{{gwi:1200801}}

NEBELS RAINBOW
    {{gwi:1200887}}

DAZZLER

{{gwi:1200801}}

{{gwi:1200801}}{{gwi:1200801}}

DUKE

center>

{{gwi:1200893}}

PENANG PEACH

WILDFIRE

KAUKA WILDER??

NOID
    {{gwi:1200902}}

{{gwi:1200904}}

NOID

• kbauman
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Wow, such beautiful blooms. Love Nebels Rainbow, rich colors, mine will bloom next year. Love all the reds and red oranges, just shine. Keep them coming..do enjoy coming in here.. few more days for me to share..

ok Kasie..back to you...MORE
    Karen B

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Alohalani - your plumerias are beautiful!

Karen - you're such a sweet Lady!

This is what's blooming today.
    Got this from Lowes and the tag says Jungle Plumeria. The tag says yellow and white. I didn't care, I just fell in love with the super large leaves that points straight up like Scott Pratt. Bonus is 5 tips total:)

Fire Works (plumieaddict ebay)

?? (plumieaddict ebay)

These are blooming machine and has been blooming for a while.
    L=Kona Cranberry (plumieaddict ebay) R= Sunset (evelyn ebay)

Kasie

Okay, who's next?

• krystip10
    15 years ago

ok, here we go:
    no ID yellow (LOVE the way the petals curl!!)

Nebels Rainbow:

No ID Yellow:

no ID pink:

Slaughter Pink

Sunset:

red & pink

multi-color

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Krystip - you blooms are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and keep um coming.

Kasie

• merandy19
    15 years ago

Hi Guys!
    Mardi Gras blooming like crazy on 4 inflos!

Penang Peach blooming for 9 months. Noticed a new inflo this morning on a new branch that was formed from the currently blooming (old) inflo!

Close-up on Penang Peach

Happy Growing and have a great weekend!
    Randy in Savannah

• kbauman
    15 years ago

Hi Randy in Savannah.
    Holy Cow that Marti Gras is just outstanding. ..Wow look how it is growing and blooming!! Lucky you it is low growing so you can enjoy the blooms. . Penang Peach is so pretty..Congrats..

Kasie keep it going. love love the blooms.
    Karen B

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Randy - I just LOVE your Madi Gras tree. It has the most perfect form. If only I could scratch -n-sniff Penang Peach off the screen, I would...LOL

My repeat favorites at the moment.

I think this one might be a Plastic Pink.

Kasie

• kbauman
    15 years ago

Hi Kasie,
    Your flowers are just beautiful.. Love all the blooms. Love the color breaks. Does this spread to other plants near or stay on the plants?
    Karen B.

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HI Karen - I don't know if it spreads to other plants. I did notice a slight splash on the Plastic Pink petals.

Kasie

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Blooming in my little island:
    Samoan Fluff

Puu Kahea

Guillot Sunset?

Slaughter Pink

Hilo Beauty?

Unknown Pink

Unknown white/yello and is a heavy bloomer

Tillie Hughes

These are in the green house.
    Lucky Star (plumieaddict ebay)

Madame Poni (plumie addict ebay) 3rd bloom looks great.

Fire Works looks better with each new bloom. plumieaddict ebay

Finally id this as Barbie Girl from plumieaddict ebay

This is the 3rd bloom on this Plastic Pink. I think this one is a color break. It's not very impressive.

Kasie

• kbauman
    15 years ago

Hi Kasie,
    I can smell your flowers.. so so beautiful.. boy that fireworks, Tillie hughes, all those beautiful hot colors are really something. The color break is neat on some..but think it was not kind to plastic pink..Love your blooms.

Well cannot add too many..but finally Daisy Wilcox did bloom for me, not many buds, but am delighted. Is a very large flower..here it is.

I have about 14 in bloom, so exciting for me..have one more to bloom..then..will enjoy I believe what I have.
    Karen B

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Karenb - thank you. And your Daisy is beautiful. How is the scent? I some times think I see an inflo on my Daisy, but I think it's my eyes playing tricks on me (maybe it's because I've had this one for about 4 years or so).

Out of several 100's of seedlings, I have one growing in my little island. Wow, given the room for the roots to grow sure makes a big difference and it has inflo to boot! If I didn't have gopher problems I'd put them all in the ground.

• kbauman
    15 years ago

Hi Kasie,
    Daisy has a mild scent to me.. I don't think I smell them as others do, think I sense more roses scent.

This one Has two main V branches, one triple branched, false inflo..broke my heart.. this one is the second branch, actually bloomed..am thrilled. Only 4 or 5 flowers possibly, and is also triple branching. Amazing on a 3' plant, a 3 yr old one went through the freeze!!! hear they often do not bloom for 4 years or more.. hope yours bloom, is worth it.
    Karen B

• jandey1
    11 years ago

I'm bumping this for all the wonderful photos--a good cure for the winter blahs!

• DelWH
    11 years ago

Thanks for doing that. Those are some incredible pics.

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

bitter sweet- to see Karen Bauman above. One of the most enthusiastic and wonderful plumieaholics who passed a few years ago from brain cancer. She was a constant talker on the forum and is sorely missed. R.I.P. Karen.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Bill, I remember Karen well. I must have just found this place when she was still posting. She seemed like a lovely, warm person, always there to welcome newbies.

I wonder what happened to several of the other regulars above?

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

You guys in CA are lucky to still have blooms to enjoy.
    Keep the pics coming, we're having withdrawals!!!
    Lonnie

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Went down into the basement to refill the sunflower seeds container for the birds and to my surprise discovered my denuded California Sunset had several flowers waiting for me. I picked them and am enjoying their coconut/peaches scent. :)

-Robert

• pcput
    11 years ago

Thanks Jen. It's a nice pick me up and so much nicer than looking at sticks. "LOL" Peg