Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID help!

Posted by labland Inland Valley CA9 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 3, 11 at 23:33

Here are 3 of my new cuttings that have blossomed. I am trying to find out what one of theis, it is labeled Royal Hawaiian, aka plastic pink, but obviously, this is not Royal Hawaiian!

What are your thoughts? Thanks, Jennifer

Here is Kimi Moragne
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Another no I'd utting given to me

Tis is the one thatis supposed to be Royal Hawaiian but definitely is not, any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID help!

Greetings! I do believe the 3rd pic is called California Sunset. If it smells like peaches, that's def what you've got.

Each plant looks a tiny bit different, and once they bloom more, their color will change a bit & get bleached by the sun.

They are very beautiful. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of some California Sunsets

o

• Posted by labland Inland Valley CA9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 4, 11 at 15:22

Angel, thanks for the possible i.d.

I will look it uo on the web. The flower has a very strong plumeria scent, but peaches does not come to mind in identifying the scent. I will have to ask my hubby to smell it for his opinion. It is a very strong scent though, almost perfume -y. It doesn't smell like Singapore White, which is what I consider "plumeria" scent.

I kind of wondered about Cooktown Sunset, which I wonder if that is the same as California Sunset? Jennifer

o

I'm so not the expert on this, but this is what my California Sunset looks like right now:

Maybe it's a lot pinker when it first blooms, though?

o

Hello Jen,

Ill have to look for my pic of my California Sunset...

What ever it is, it sure is beautiful!!!! What does it smell like?

Hopefully Bill or James will see this post and maybe chime in!!!

It does look like a California Sunset, but you know they all have different colors in different climates!!!
WHere did u get your cutting? Did you receive it from someone local?

Ill look for my pic for you tomorrow...just got home and its late...but loved looking at your blooms!!!!

They sure are beautiful!!!

Take care,

Laura in VB

o

Jennifer, I'm pretty sure Cooktown Sunset is a tall-growing Aussie variety and California Sunset is a JJ seedling of Penang Peach.

Whatever that last one is, the colors are fabulous.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here