Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's up with the weather here?

Posted by moonie_57 8 NC (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 23:48

Lower leaves are turning yellow, it's been rather cool (but VERY humid) and lots of rain. It's just so "fall-like". I keep asking people if this isn't rather unusual for the end of August and everyone disagrees with me. So, maybe it's not all that unusual but honestly, I can't remember this kind of weather in August.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's up with the weather here?

Mona, I think it is unusual...

I think we will see a warm up soon or at least some relief from tha rain and tropical rainforest feeling outside. We just had tons of rain and even in the next town had 11 inches on Sat.

It is different, i agree...

Trees are confused and seem to react to the cool nights.. so dont worry, they will continue to perk back up and grow for another month or so...

Take care,

Laura

o

Hi Laura. My DH asked where I get the idea that it's "cool". I just meant that we weren't seeing 90 degrees, and haven't in like a week or so? It's just weird.

Good night and take care.

o

These are just the natural cycles of the season. Can be hotter; can be cooler; can be wetter; can be dryer. Nothing outside the norm I don't think.

o

I have a few leaves turn yellow and fall off now and then but as long as the plant looks good I do not worry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here