Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cuttings from Aloha Plumeria. These will be potted up tomorrow to start rooting.
Tally HO!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cuttings

I ordered 12 from Talei. They were started rooting on the 12th. All but one are showing shiny tips by the claws. That one was a nice 3 tip Celadine, but after a week and a half, I noticed black right at the soil line. Checking I found it soft, pulled it out and it had rotted all the way up. I believe Talei said he will replace that one. I did all 12 at the same time, same half perlite/half cactus mix. That 1 must have just been bad.

Looks like you got a nice selection.

Delton

o

I got his 10\$60 free shipping deal,his choice of plants.
Good to know yours are doing well, the cuttings are certainly healthy. I will probably put these in the same mix you use to start. Cuttings I put in last month are already very well rooted.
Tally HO!

o

Tally those cuttings look great! You got a great selection. I know hilo beauty is just beautiful, I saw it at Franks its almost black red, and the blooms are beautiful. You yard is going to be something with all those new plants. Are you going to dry store them like Emerson and Paula? Barbra

o

no, we aren`t as cold as they are despite being only about 30 miles apart. I leave mine in the yard unless a hard freeze is predicted, then drag them in for the night, back out in the am. It is very rare for us to get below freezing for more than a couple of hours once or twice a winter.

Which is why when we do have a really bad freeze the toll is huge here. Our pipes are on the outside of the house with no insulation.
Tally HO!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here