Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please advise on rooting

Posted by Nguy none (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 1:47

Hi all,

I got some plumeria cuttings from a swap meet this morning. The cuttings were cut yesterday. Do you think it is late to do rooting now? Should I wait until next year? I am living in Inland Empire (southern California). Please give me some advices.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please advise on rooting

Where are you in So Cal? I am still rooting mine. You need to let them heal for about a month before planting
then dip in rootone. I use the egg method and hopefully it will work.
Good luck
Bill

o

Congrats on the cuttings. I just potted up 3 yesterday which have been callusing now for 2 weeks and will do another 2 that I had to re-cut in another 2 weeks. It is late for the season BUT...1st google the "baggy" method of rooting plumeria cuttings. I did this when we came from Hawaii one October. (we are in Ventura)

Then Google the "raw egg rooting method". The baggy worked for me in a dark warm closet. The egg method works for me over the winter in our sunroom. hope this helps...roxanne

o

• Posted by Nguy none (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 15:49

Hi Bill,
I am living in Redlands, which is part of Inland Empire, very hot area. Thanks for your advice.

Roxanne,
I just read the baggy method. I will do this method, will leave them in my garage. Thank you so much.

o

Took mine about 3-4 months on our 3rd floor (warm) dark closet. roxanne

o

Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 12:16

Thanks Roxanne, your reply gives me an idea how long it will take. So, I won't worry while waiting for rooting.

o

These plants will teach you patience. They do it on their time not ours. If you still have warm days you have a good chance but they could wait for spring to do anything. Good luck and let us know how they do.
Peg

o

Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 11:09

Hi Peg,

Yeah, patience is the name of plumeria growing. It is still warm in my area (around 88 °F at noon). Thanks Peg. I will update.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here