Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooms 'n Roots

Posted by DelWH 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 1:48

Interestingly, of my 11 cuttings from Aloha, after almost 7 weeks, 7 are starting to show claws opening and tiny leaves starting, 2 have several small leaves about maybe 2" long, and 2 have inflos that have some blooms on them. Haven't lifted and looked at the bottles since I didn't want to disturb them. But today, I checked them all out and, lo and behold, the only ones that have several nice roots showing are the with inflos!

People have said they cut the inflos off of cuttings so the roots can develop quicker, so this was a bit surprising. lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooms 'n Roots

COngratulations!!!

Sounds like they are the strong ones of the group.. It happens when different varities root quicker than others...

When others talk of cutting off inflos..they mean if there is no other claw activity along with the inflo growing at the same time. If the inflo was growing and the leaves were not..all of the energy is focused on the inflo and not in the rooting process.. SO, when i have an inflo, i wait to see if i have claws/leaves coming along with it.. if i do, they stay on..if not..off it goes..

Glad to hear that you are having success!! : )

Way to go!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here