Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Licorice scent?

Posted by animalcraker So Cal zone 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 2:08

Does anyone know of any plumeria's that have a black licorice scent? I have a pink NOID that just opened today with 4 petals and smells of black licorice. I've never seen or heard of a plumeria with this scent before.

Originaly I thought this was a white and yellow that I got from my grandmas tree; but apparently I was wrong and it must be one of the un-named pinks that I got from a garden store on sale. The blooms on this one looked like they were going to be white when they stared to develop and then turned dark pink as they matured and eventualy opend into a pink with yellow center. There's more flowers developing on the inflo so we'll have to see if they have the same black licorice scent and/or 4 petals.

~Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Licorice scent?

Sounds like a nice one. Can't say I know what it is. Post a photo if you can and maybe someone will know.

Dave

o
RE: Licorice scent?

11-09-07 NOID pink

This is the second bloom from the inflo with a 3rd bloom starting to open. The flower get's lighter with age and the original bloom had turned almost completely white. The licorice scent isn't as strong anymore but it's definetely still there. I normaly hate the smell of black licorice, but for some reasom I'm really liking it from this flower. Perhaps it's because it's so different from any other plumerias that I've smelled. The flowers are a good size as well, about 3-4 inches. This is the first inflo that I've had on this plumeria so I have to wait and see if it continues with this.

~Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here