Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stampstudio73137

Question on ebay seller

Anyone have any dealings with peaceofalohaco on Ebay?
Couple nice colors on plumeria Maui dragons breath and
hot pink also maui dragon red and as always all items are rare. Never seen an Ebay item that wasn't rare

Comments (5)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Bill

I checked that sight and those are for cuttings.. Not rooted plants. I didnt know if you realized this or not. You will have to root them.

Sometimes when you buy from a seller it is hard to tell,if it is rooted or not. If you want cutting, then that is great!!

I have never heard of Dragons Breath...

If I may make a suggestion.. I would check out one stop aloha ( Matt) and bloomingplumeris. (Fuzzy). Both are trustworthy and you could buy a rooted tree for the same price. I have been watching the bidding and it seems to be a good time since a lot of people have purchased for the season. They seem to finish up the bidding for the week on Sundays. Check it out and see what they have available. The names are true cultivars too!!

I wouldn't want your first time buying on eBay to be a disappointing one...

Also, if you buy multiple items from the same seller, wait for them to send an invoice. They will adjust the shipping cost for multiple items which will save you money.

Hope This helps .. That seller had a good rating, but hasn't sold to many..

Maybe it's me, but I haven't heard of Maui' s Dragon Breath?
    buyer beware....

Hope this helps...

Laura

http://myworld.ebay.com/bloomingplumerias/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/1-stop-aloha/

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

I hadnt heard of it either but after googling it I found that PlumieJunkie posted Back in July about receiving one and starting to root it.
    Maybe we can get a report about the progress.

mike

• nativec
    10 years ago

I have Maui's Dragon breath. Let me say the cutting was small albeit healthy. I won't deal with this seller because he over charges for shipping. My cutting arrived in a bubble envelope that cost a buck or so to ship yet I paid around $11.00 to ship it. Its a major pet peeve of mine to be over charged fro shipping, I think its dishonest.

All that said mine rooted and is quite healthy but it didn't flower this year. Now I may just be paranoid but my leaves are quite pale, not what I would expect from such a dark red bloom. I have a sneaking suspicion that once it blooms it won't be anywhere close to the picture the seller posted.

Just my two-cents :)

Nicole

• surfbreeze
    10 years ago

I purchased that maui red as a cutting in Spring of last year. Rooted it and it is a nice size plant so far but has not bloomed yet. Still time left here for some blooms. Will post if it does, but as Laura states, would stick with the more reputable eBay sellers.

• jardineria
    10 years ago

I also got tha Mauis Dragons Breath and the leaves are dark green but seem to have burgundy leaves in them. Ive got them rooting in a s Po t that gets none of this hot texas sun after 2 in the afternoon. My rooting mix is probably a bit weird as ive mixed course sand..cactus mix and Happy Frof pottong soil.