Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Maya at Maas nursery

Posted by beachplant 9b (beachplant@excite.com) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 10:04

We went to a Beer and Grass Bash at Maas nursery Saturday. Shiner Bock on tap and organic lawn care, home beer brewing demonstration. Drats! Wrong grass!

The have small Pink Maya in 1 gallon pots for $45.99.

BUT, I bought a 4`, 4 tip Pink Maya for $69.95. 5 gallon pot, roots growing out of the pot, excellent foliage and a huge trunk. I`ll post pics today.

They also had a dwarf, the name I already forgot for $39.95, this one was grafted and 2 labeled Pink Maya but they had the silver mottled foliage not the Maya foliage, they were $59.95.

Maas is in Seabrook, not far from Emersons.
Now I don`t have to mail order one.
Tally HO!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Maya at Maas nursery

Do you mean the variegated Maya plumeria, Tally? Doesn't that bloom with yellow flowers, too? That's not bad for the 5-gallon.

o

There is another forum that you can get one for $25, in one gallon sized. There is a coop purchased from Thailand and he did have 50. I have purchased two and very happy.

The 5 gal was a great purchase!
Lonnie

o

Beachplant,

Great find on the larger maya. I bought two cuttings early this year and love the variegated leaves. I'm hoping to see blooms next year, but I hear blooms on maya might not happen often. Have you heard the same?

Big Wave Dave

o

Saw the ones on the other forum, thought about ordering but these were right there and really big! The ones they had for $45.99 were not much bigger than the one you got so I did not think they were a good price. This nursery is a bit on the expensive side but always has such cool stuff. Plus they carry a lot of organics.

Heard it`s not a great bloomer but several of the bigger ones there had recently bloomed.
Either way I am a sucker for variegated foliage.
Tally HO!

o

Tally,

Always nice to walk out with plant in hand!!!
Great find!
Lonnie

o

Good buy, Tally! I have one that's about 30 inches but it is just beginning to put out leaves. I love the changing colors!

BTW, this is a pic of one of the plants that you sent me. Can you tell me what this is, please?

Photobucket

pssst... deposit that check! :)

o

Dave, I've read--from JL maybe?--that as the variegated ones mature they often lose the streaking, but I don't know for sure if that applies to all variegated plumeria.

o

Tally,
What other plumeria do they have?
Might be worth the drive from DFW!
Lonnie

o

M-Philodendron sp, this is a pretty common one down here. Fast grower for me, likes bright light, no full sun, great for hanging baskets or provide something to climb.

Lonnie, they only had the ones I listed. Emersons is just around the corner from them and now is the time to go buy trees from him, he starts selling them at a discount the closer it gets to winter. The more he sells the less he has to drag in for the winter. Plus there are a lot of other sellers in the same vicinity, most of who will really make deals as the season is more or less over for them.
Tally Ho!

o

Maas will be getting a bunch in the spring, she found a new grower in California. Will post information as available.
Tally HO!

o

Thanks, Tally!

o

Thanks Tally!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here