Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newly rooted cuttings - summer 09

Posted by dave_in_nova VA zone 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 10:24

Here are four newly-rooted cuttings from this summer -- 2 on the table and 2 below it. I'm happy that they have done so well. Two of them are already potted up in 3-gallon pots with lots of roots coming out the holes. I think a lot of my success had to do with the QUALITY of the cuttings! (Thanks Bill)

Note that the two plants below the table were the exact same variety and I assume taken at the same time, but the one on the right had an inflo that I left on while it was rooting. It REALLY slowed down the rooting process - and I was a bit afraid it wouldn't root at all. See how much more advanced the left plant is?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Here was the cutting with the inflo...

Didn't have the heart to cut off the inflo.

o
RE: Newly rooted cuttings - summer 09

Dave looks like you have done a great job with your plumie cuttings as for the inflo I would not be able to cut it off either.

Rigo

o

Shows the effect of heat and humidity on rooting. With our cooler than usual summer, my cuttings are not as well leafed out as yours. Your plants look great. Bill

o

Bill, you are right. With our heat and humidity, you just basically stick the cutting in a pot and forget about it. The humidity keeps the soil moist enough. I kept them all under an eave out of the rain until leaves were 6 inches long, then started a regular watering schedule.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here