Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcdavies99

First Bloom for a Newbie

Mark Davies
10 years ago

To say I'm new to the hobby is an understatement. I discovered plumeria last month when I saw a display at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto. I fell in love with these beauties and did a lot of internet research. Was hesitant to try growing them up here in the Great White North given our weather is anything but tropical, but thought I'd give it a try.

Best thing that happened was hooking up with Massimo, an experienced grower in the Toronto area. Spent an evening picking his brain and adopting a few seedlings. In addition, he had a 6 year old potted tree that I took on...it hadn't bloomed as yet but looked like it might do so this year.

Given that the weather is starting to turn in Ontario, I have the plants indoors under CFL's and the seedlings on heat mats. Well...a few weeks later...success! My first plumeria bloom! Not that I can take much credit...Massimo kinda set it up on a tee for me...LOL...

Never the less, a great introduction to the hobby...hoping for a bunch more blooms over the next few weeks!

Mark

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia