Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Nebel's Rainbow blooming...

This is a beauty.. I wish I could pic up the true vivid coloration. Love this baby!

Hope you all are having a great summer!!

Laura

Comments (15)

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Very pretty. One of my husband's favorite. Thanks for the picture.

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

Very lovely!! I have a cutting that I hope flowers next year!

Mark

• rox146
    9 years ago

Mine is not doing well at all in a pot....I guess I should put in the ground with a shoe horn or give it away. roxanne

• kitnor
    9 years ago

Lovely. Is this one in a pot. Must be a big pot.
    Kitty

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Very nice Laura!!

Lonnie

• Andrew Scott
    9 years ago

Very pretty Laura. I had two of these. I kept one and gave the other to my mom. Mine died, and I am surprised my mom still has managed to keep her's alive. Yours looks really pretty. Congrats Laura!

Andrew.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

hello Everyone!!

Thanks, Barb!!! It is much prettier in person... Love it tho!! Hubby has good taste!! ;-)

Mark!! I hope you have good luck rooting them!!!. I have no doubt it will be beautiful for you!!!!

Hi Roxanne.. All of my rees are in containers., I wish I could plant them In The ground and keep them there. My other option Is to plunge.. some are... but this is on the concrete near the pool. I hope yours will do better somewhere else in your yard.. It's hard to find a perfect spot..

Hi Kitty.. It is in a five gallon container. Maybe three.. I can't remember. Lol, I stay small and I will root prune next season to put them back in the others to five gallon containers.

Thank you. Lonnie!!!

Thanks Andrew!! I think I brought these home form Cali and gave you one? I can't remember, but mine is doing well. I'm sorry you lost yours!! maybe mom will let your take hers for a While.. ;-)

Take care!!

Laura

• kitnor
    9 years ago

To Laura, you have trees 8 ft and they are in a 5 gallon pot? You never go bigger than a 5 gallon pot?
    Kitty

Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi kitty !!

They are mostly in 3-5 gallon. Small ones ( cuttings etc) one gallon. The only exception is my big Kapalua. It is in a 10 gallon I believe. It's huge! Lol. But most are in 3-5. I'll post pic later. Yes... The big guys are in three to five gallon and handle it fine!! ðÂÂÂ

Remember. I have to haul them in and out every year ... ðÂÂÂ

Moms bday as well as my grandson bday today. ! ðÂÂÂ

Post a pic later for you!! ðº
    Laura

• rox146
    9 years ago

Happy B day to those special in your life Laura! roxanne

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much, Roxanne!

Xoxo

Laura

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Gorgeous rainbow!!! I'd be doing the happy dance over that one!! :-) Just love the combination of bright yellow and red!

Wow! So cool that Mom and grandson share the same birthday!! What an extra special day of the year!!

Take care!
    Wendi

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    9 years ago

Nice blooms.

Mine is a moose and I'll likely throw it away this Fall. It tends to get black tip and when it blooms, the buds abort. Don't understand why. It's a huge plant and I just don't have room anymore. It's just not a reliable bloomer for me.

Gotta say it does smell nice though.

This post was edited by dave_in_nova on Mon, Sep 8, 14 at 9:24

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Laura, you're one of the few people in the continental US who can get this one to bloom! It's lovely, and probably smells great too, right?

Dave, mine is like yours and blacktips as badly as Singapore. It's never grown much since it starts over every season at the tip.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank Wendi!! I do love this one too!! It's still blooming..

We had a great weekend celebrating birthdays.. They share the same day and it is very special. My daughter had to have it scheduled due to health reasons when she had her little guy, so she choose my moms birthday to share and wanted to be able to always remember them ... It was very special!

Dave.. So sorry to hear this is happening. I do love this one and even the pics don't really show how bright and deep the colors are. I'm so sorry you are thinking of getting rid of it, but i do understand!!! The fragrance is awesome!!!

Hi Jen! Lol.. I am sure there are others, but imam pleased it has finally bloomed for me. Thank you!!!

The fragrance is a sweet fruity fragrance to me. It's sweet.. Very pleasant!! I wish I could explain it better. I'm like Bill, I can smell that its beautiful, but hard to describe !!!

This one sounds like it is a difficult variety. ill keep it quiet.. I don't want mine to hear this.. It thinks it is just like the others.. Lol!!

Take care!!!

Laura

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!