Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

OT: Prayers needed for Albert

honeybunny2 Fox
11 years ago

Betty just called me from the intensive care unit in Corpus Christi. Albert( PrinceAlbert) is in critical condition, and they do not expect him to make it. Betty asked that I let all his friends know. Please pray for a miracle so that h makes it. His organs or shutting down, she could hardly talk, but wanted me to let eveyone know. Albert is such a wonderful person, please pray for him. Barbra

Comments (16)

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Barbra - is this the same Albert that loves his brugmansia collection so much?

Prayers not only for Albert, but his family and friends as well.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Will say a prayer for Albert and his family.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Prayers sent!!!
    Lonnie

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Oh, my gosh. What terrible news. Thanks for letting us know, Barbra. I'm looking right now at a brug he sent me last year. My thoughts go out to his family; he's a lovely man.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about this. He is a great guy, wondered why he hadn`t been posting lately.
    My thoughts to his family.
    Tally

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Barbra,

Sending my thoughts and prayers to Albert and Betty and the family.

Just know that we are all thinking of you and hoping that you find comfort in knowing that we are all praying for you and your family.

Please keep us updated and send our thoughts, prayers and love to him and the family...

Laura

• pcput
    11 years ago

Add me to the list of people praying for Albert. I don't know him but if you love plants we are all family. Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Is there an update on Albert?

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Albert passed away at 1PM yesterday. He is best know for sharing his brugmansia plants. He just got interested in Plumeria, after he moved to the coast this past Dec. He was just putting in his flowerbeds at his new house. I talked to him last Saturday. He offered to let me have his trailer to bring back the big plumeria plants from John's house for K and Willey. I did not have a hitch on my car, He said his daughter took his truck to Belton, so he did not have a way to haul the trailer either. I told him I will just take my small truck, and see if I could bring a few home. When the box I had was too small to mail Andrew's Bill Morange, Albert drove 15 miles to bring me a box so I would be able to mail it to him. He was always thinking of others. He always read the plumeria forum, brugmansia forum, and the gardening in Texas forum, he told me he was so busy building his new deck and putting in flowerbeds, that he did not have time to post anymore. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Sad to read this news.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about Albert. I loved reading his posts. He was always so nice and a fountain of information. Please express my sympathies to his family.
    Tally

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

So sorry to hear of the loss of this wonderful man. Please pass along to his family that we all all thinking of them at this time.

May they find strenght in the family and their loved ones at this difficult time.

Im so sorry...

Laura

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just spoke with Betty, they just got down to Belton, and made the funeral arrangements. Albert will be buried at 1:00pm on Thursday at Dossman Funeral Home in Belton. She told me that she is so happy they moved to the coast, so that Albert got to fulfill his dream. She will be staying with her daughter. Barbra

• irun5k
    11 years ago

I didn't know Albert, but I am still very sorry to hear this news. It sounds like he left behind a lot of favorable memories and impressions. It is wonderful that he was able to touch so many people during his time here... rest in peace.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Barbra, thank you for keeping us updated. I still just can't believe it. It wasn't that long ago you told me that funny story about him pulling the palm out of your yard with a rope tied around his waist.

I always think of him when I water the brugs he kindly sent me. They'll be more precious to me now.

So wonderful to know that he at least got to live his dream at the coast for a while.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen, you can actually see that picture under the Gardening in Texas forum, under the thread Made Me Work Hard. I still can't believe how strong he was. Also look under the thread Prince Albert and see the pictures of him at the April Plant swap. Barbra

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner