Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

How did this happen??

No-Clue
10 years ago

As all of you know I have struggled mightily trying to root cuttings. Thus far I have only managed to root a Nebel's Gold and that took like six months! I think I rooted Buddha Raksa after a year but I can't be sure. I still got nothing up top to show for it.

So of course I'm very scared to try rooting again. And thus far I have managed to avoid that path. But next thing you know it's Sept and I'm rooting 5 cuttings?? Say what?!

One is a Kauka Wilder or Intense Rainbow I don't know for sure, one NOID and two RED NOID from my sister and a Samirie. I know it's not the best time of the year to try this especially when you have a brown thumb. But here we go again.

Now those of you who have a greenhouse, heatmat, lights etc... did that help you root them in the winter or not really? I have a heat mat so if need be I can get some lights and keep then in the garage. Or alternatively I can get a mini-greenhouse and keep them outside? I mean we will still have warm weather until November but the night time weather will dip to the low 60s by then.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Lynn

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!