Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOT Lani Beauty!

Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 14:41

I was so excited that my Lani Beauty finally bloomed! But when I looked she doesn't look at Lani Beauty at all! I was expecting her to look like Laura's or Bill's but nope. The color is all wrong and the cup shape is so ugly! I do not like my Fake Lani!

photo image_zps570d934e.jpg

I am so bummed! I got her from Marilynn's Garden. Now I will have to find the real one!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOT Lani Beauty!

my Lani from Matthew is sending up a late inflo and I hope it opens before the cold. I am sure Island Plumeria's (MATTHEW) is the right one... roxanne

o

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 16:58

Roxanne,

I can't wait to see yours bloom. If she's the real deal then I will contact Matthew next spring. Thanks for the head's up.

o

Lynn
We talked about this before.... tisk tisk.
Marilynns Gardens Lani is just that Marilynns Lani. There is no where on her label you will see "Lanis Beauty" or "University Hawaii Lani". Marilynn labled it Lani and it is Lani Similar but it is different as I have had both.
My rule of thumb is if you want the real deal go to the source or someone you know has connections with the source. You can also get referrals from someone who has Lani and knows a rep seller that they go theirs from. Even when i buy from the society vendors I always ask around to make sure their stuff is legit before I buy.

o

I would watch your plant because Lani can go deep red like the one in your picture in heat and humidity. I have had flowers like that red one on mine once and awhile. same plant:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 15:10

Thank you Bill! I understand that colors may vary... but my flower's shape is more like a tulip; turning up instead of down. I guess I shall give it another year and see if she changes and gets better with age. :)

James, the name game is getting tiring. Remember I bought this last summer as a newbie. So I had no idea that some people rename their plants. Additionally, we newbie don't know all the "sources". Heck even after a year I still don't have a clue where to buy what!

There is so much politics in finding and buying the real deal that I'm over it. So if you don't know the right people or the right connections then good luck trying to find the "real deal". I personally think that it's silly and totally against the Aloha Spirit! :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here