Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

Sept. a few pics

tdogdad
10 years ago

Here are a few garden pictures.
Right side of house (T.Lemon, red noid, royal hawaiian, daeng udon:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Right side of house (Samoan Fluff, T.Lemon, Teresa Wilder)

Daisy Wilcox and Lavender

Thornton Lemon Drop (about one fourth of the blooms):

Comments (18)

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Superb garden! I can only imagine how it is to have all those blooms right under your nose. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Mima

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Stunning, Bill! What a beautiful landscape. Your garden is my inspiration for my yard. I really like the brick borders.

TLD is such a great looking plant.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Mike

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Bill, that even looks incredible on my phone screen! Can't wait to go home and look at it on a larger screen.

• nativec
    10 years ago

That looks like plumeria heaven to me!! So gorgeous!

Thank you for the lovely view :)

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Beautiful! If my yard looked like that, I'd live outside!!

• rox146
    10 years ago

Wow oh Wow!!!! Wish I had the great green leaves you have as well as the fabulous blooms....can you go over your early spring fertilizer regimen? roxanne

• citizen_insane
    10 years ago

Very nice yard Bill. You guys are so lucky to be able to grow plumerias in the ground.

George

• texasplum
    10 years ago

Wow such healthy and beautiful plants!

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Love your plumeria House Bill!! Just Love to see all the growth and colors and blooms! Sure is plumeria Heaven! :-)

Chuy

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Roxanne- I believe soil health is the critical step so I have come back to organics. Chemical fertilizers may feed plants well but I feel they harm the micro-organisms in the soil over time. I do give epsom salts in March and follow with Dr. Earth #8 every six weeks. I use Spray n Grow with coco wet and Bill's Perfect fertilizer sprayed every 10 days on leaves and I stop all feeding in mid August. That is where I am now.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Looks like paradise to me!!!

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

thanks Bill..I have the SNG but not the Dr. Earth #8..I do epson salt but usually just sprinkle on top before a rain, will try mixing in water this next season. Are most of yours in the ground then? mahalo, roxanne

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Roxanne- I have about 35 in the ground and several dozen in large pots that are all 6-12 years old. The mid-sized are in 5-10 gallon pots (over 50) and over 100 in bottles. BTW I only use epsom salts sprinkled around plants in early spring to provide magnesium for processing fertilizers. Sometimes I do a second sprinkle in May. A little goes a long way. Bill

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Bill
    Gorgeous, loving your plumie forest!!! I am amazed at how gorgeous u keep your ground and plants!! When ever do u have time to surf with all the kids? I also am amazed at how green and nice your lawn is, whats the secret?

Thanks for the show

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

James- thanks for the comments. I think general neglect is a major part of my success. I would like to think I am some garden wizard but lately I spend more time in the ocean than in the garden. BTW I visited Dewaine and his collection reminded me of the old you with literally hundreds of varieties. Quite impressive but a nightmare for space. And I thought I was crowded. LOL. Also, i think it helps to take pictures right after the lawn gets mowed and cut out the patio areas that look like a redneck junkyard right now. I really have a lot of works to clean up this place. See you next week. Bill

• pcput
    10 years ago

I agree with Laura "paradise "
    Peg

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Bill,
    Sweeeeeet! Very nice setup and beautiful blooms.
    Thanks for sharing.

Lonnie

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Your trees are simply magnificent, perfect examples of well grown, happy Plumerias. Stunning, just stunning!! I agree with you about the organics, I think they play a more important part in growing beautiful Plumeria than we may realize which would also explain why they do so much better in the ground and don't do nearly as well in mixes devoid of organics. Excellent job you are doing, they are gorgeous!!!