Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Thinking about Laura's DD and the little prince

moonie_57 (8 NC)
11 years ago

Has anyone heard anything? Wasn't he suppose to arrive like in the past few days? I can't remember the date but it was in the first week of September, if I'm not mistaken.

Comments (16)

• georgecc
    11 years ago

Her daughter had a big baby boy!

• georgecc
    11 years ago

On Thursday - 9 pounds 8 ounces. She says she'll post pics on the forum soon.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Oh wow that's awesome! What a BIG boy! LOL... Can't wait to see the little darling.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, our prince is a big boy, isn't he?! I know Laura is in 7th heaven. Hope all went well!

My biggest baby was 7-2. I thought that was humongo! :)

• pcput
    11 years ago

Hi all from Laura,
    Just got off the phone with her and she is still staying at the hospital with DD. She doesn't have wifi in the hospital so can't post yet.
    All are doing well and expect they will go home tomorrow.
    She will post pics then.
    She is missing you all but is already in love with her new "Little Prince" Maybe we will have to start calling him the "Big Prince"
    Peg

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Great news.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

That's great news!

And a huge baby! And he was early!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all of the well wishes and for your concern.

Mona... Thank you especially for thinking about me and the new wee one!! Sooo nice of you..

My daughter is still in the hospital, just working on letting this big boy get enough food.. lol

He was a "Big Prince" : ) 9lbs 8 oz. 21 inches long.

OMG!!

Always good to have my "Little prince" and now "My BIG Prince" : ) Always can have a few of them around.. I love them all... ;-)

I guess we grow them large in VA. My DD was 9.1 and she was early too!

Dad made it home thank god.. his unit is supposed to come home today from Aftganistan, so i was glad that they let 9 men arrive home early because of the issues here with their famiies..

Thank you all... sooooo much!!

I will post some pics tonight and show you this little cutie!

He was early.. you are right jen, He would have topped 10 lbs if they let her go full term. Glad they sch a c sect for her.. Due to other issues that she has had from last year.. ( Heart) All is fine and i am so thankful he is here and mom and baby as well as dad are all doing great..

Grandma needs sleep..lol and is missing her Plumies at home!!

YES.. It is true, i miss my trees.. I know im addicted, but this new little one is a good reason to leave them for so long. : )

Thanks again,

Ill post tonight for those who would like to see.... tks!!!

Laura

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Keeping them again... : (

Big boy is still losing weight.

Eats like a horse, but the military doesn't push them out like a civilian hospital does, so like i told her... It will all be fine...

Keep up the prayers...

Thanks..

Laura

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Laura,
    THanks for the great news. I am so relieved to here that Katherine made it thru this in good shape, same with your grandson.

I'm sure you missed your trees..LOL! We're hopless aren't we! I felt the same way when I had my 1st and last back surgeries even though at the time most of my plumeria were dormant...that's crazy right!

Take care and get your rest Laura. How long are you home for?

Andrew

• nativec
    11 years ago

Laura,

This is all great news! Look forward to pictures. I bet everyone is exhausted. These "life events" as wonderful as they are can be cause for a good nights rest. I hope everyone gets to go home soon, and that your daughters recovery is a speedy one.

You're in my thoughts :)

Nicole

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Yee Haa!!!! Congratulations Grammy:) I am very happy to hear the good news - you have all been in my thoughts and prayers.

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Laura, they always lose weight at first and I know it's alarming, but it's normal. Especially when they (both Mom and baby) are new at breastfeeding. It's NOT intuitive.

Can't wait to see more pics!

dave

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura - I agree with Dave that it is not unusual to lose weight right after birth, especially breastfed babies. And it's not such a bad thing for them to keep Mom a little longer, considering her heart condition. It's just wonderful that she did so well, though, and I know she's ready to get the heck out of there.

But, that's what I love about military hospitals! I can still remember the first time, as a young adult, that I went to a civilian Dr.. It was not a pleasant experience and just oh so different than seeing a naval Dr. A totally different atmosphere IMO.

Not knocking civilian health care, just my experiences from when I was young.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura - and other grandparents - I forgot to say Happy Grandparents Day. Especially a happy occasion for Laura and her DH.

I'm going to have to train my grandchildren that this is an occasion for plumeria-giving! LOL
    Captain D's was good, too. :)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

My little guy lost so much weight they kept us an extra day, too, and I was dying to go home! Nothing to worry about but nice that they'll keep her as long as they think she and the baby need.

Feed K lots of nice rich foods when she's home--BFing is a great excuse for Haagen Dazs!--and the baby will put on weight quickly.

Congratulations again, Laura!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville