Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria ID (same family) pictures.

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 12, 10 at 17:37

I never see this plant before until today when visit a nursery. It is the same family with plumeria.
Please reply if you know the name of this plant. I asked the lady at the nursery, but she didn't know.
I wanted to take care of it properly.
I appreciated your reply. Big one (4 feet) only $12 and small one only $5

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria ID (same family) pictures.

That's a plumeria "pudica" or commonly called "Bridal Bouquet". It's an evergreen and in ideal climates, does not go dormant. I notice with mine, if the temps get too cold, the leaves do drop. If you can still get one, it would be a nice addition to your collection.
-rick

o

Plumeria pudica.

o

Thank you for both reply. I appreciated both of you taking the time and help me out.
I got myself 2 today, one with bloom and a smaller one.
Thank you so much again.

Now I can google it and care for it properly.
Marie

o

How pretty and a great price too

o

I found out this plant blooms 10 months out of the year. It was won (plant of the year in 2007) at a plant show. In zone 9 and 10 (which is my zone) easy to care for, and full sun just like Plumeria.

Marie

o

Cuttings of this variety are very easy to root. I've even rooted them in a glass of water. The only negative is that it doesn't have a scent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here