Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isobea

Help for my 'Psycho' cutting

isobea
12 years ago

Hi Bill, I need your advice concerning the 'Psycho' cutting you gave me at the end of April. I had planted it in a 1 gallon pot and put in on the south side of our house. Everything had been going well (young leaves and even some flowers) until we got that crazy heatwave Mo.- Wed. Last night I noticed that about 2 inches of tissue towards the end of one of its three 'arms' had collapsed. Needless to say, I moved it to a cooler, more shaded location right away. Is there a chance that the tissue will recover? Or do I have to cut back (and if so, how far) that branch? I am just heartbroken! Do you have any advice for me?

Iso

Comments (4)

• tdogdad
    12 years ago

I would support it with a popsicle stick and mist and water. If it does not have good leaves, remove the inflo. It may have few roots to support the water needs. If leaves are many, then water more frequently. Don't worry, if it fails I can easily replace it for you. Bill

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Iso,

I hope that your "Psycho" will pull through...

We all have our favorite trees/cuttings that friends give to us and it does break your heart when something happens to them sepecially!

You are fortunate to live close to Bill .

hopefully it will respond to the change in temps and come back strong for you!!!

I hope all is well with you and your mom.

Wishing i could visit the west coast and see all of the beauties in full bloom ....

This has been the best year for me as far as blooms...so i'm veryy happy and thankful for many things!!! : )

"Life is good today..."

Had to quote Zac Brown.... "Its a great song...Got my toes in the water, a** in the sand...not a care in the world a cold beer in my hand...Life is good today, Life is good today"

Take Care everyone...

Hope your Psycho perks back quickly, Iso!!!!

Take care,

Laura in VB

• isobea
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks a million, Bill, for the advice and encouragement! I'll do my best. I just love that little plant!
    We are so lucky to be here in North County, because we got our electricity back some time last night. I guess it'll take quite a few more hours before the rest of San Diego is up and running again. Amazing how easy it is to have all of San Diego county, parts of Arizona, northern Mexico, and southern Orange County without electrcity - how fragile our modern society is...
    Have a great day everyone and enjoy the cooler weekend,
    Iso

• isobea
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Laura, you and I must have written our messages at about the same time. Thanks for your kind words. My mom is doing alright, and I'll actually go back over in December for her 90th birthday. (If I can ever get a flight put together using my frequent flier miles... It' s a busy time of year).
    This morning it's nice and cloudy and I hope it will make life easier for my little Psycho.
    'Put your toes in the water', Laura, and take care,
    Iso

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor