Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stampstudio73137

Items just recieved

Just got my order in from mauitropicals (meghan).I got all cuttings Kapalua, Magenta Whirl, Kauka Wilder, Rainbow,Kohala. All good size cuttings. Well the wait begins for it to heal over. I figure 2 or 3 weeks. I am well pleased with her cuttings.
Bill Kemp

Comments (10)

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Congrats! You got some awesome ones. Are you planning to root them now or wait until spring?

Who is Meghan? I am not familiar with her.

• stampstudio73137 kemp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No clue, Meghan is the owner of Maui tropicals. I will probably pot them next month using the egg method.
    Well another busy day with plants. I sure hope this winter is not as cold as the last few.
    Bill

• rox146
    10 years ago

wow! Very lucky to get the REAL Kapalua...I was told there were no more around to send out for a while...roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Rox,

That's why I was asking. So you're looking for one too? And have you heard of Meghan from Maui Tropicals?

Bill,

Do you have her website? I would love to order one as well. Are you potting them up now or waiting until spring?

Thank you!

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

She's an eBay seller - mauitropicals is the seller name. Her Kapalua looks different, though? It's pink/orange. I've linked to it below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kapalua eBay listing

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Thank you Daogirl! Her Kapalua does look different. So are there two Kapalua then? I want the orange one though.

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Just FYI, this is the seller that was using one of Laura's & one of John's pictures when they first started selling on ebay. They haven't been around very long so I would be extremely cautious since there hasn't been a lot of time for what they've sold to bloom to see if it's legit(- like the Derrick situation). Not saying they are or aren't... but caveat emptor!

This post was edited by elucas101 on Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 16:03

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

HI Emily,

Yup... You are right, name sounded familiar.. So I had to double check before I said anything...

They did ummmhmmm. " borrow " my picture and used it on their website.

That is why I watermark some of my pictures ( I should do all... ) They used johns too..

Once they were " reminded" and this was addressed to EBay and the seller.. Which said that the item " pops red" and was located in the US? Not Maui... That this was my picture taken from my photobucket.. I proved this and then proper action was taken...it was my greenhouse pic with all my blooming trees in there.

They took it down immediately....

Buyer beware... If they use pictures without permission to make you think this is there operation.... Beware...

Thanks. sweet Emily... You were the one who caught this last year!!! mahalo,

Here is the link if anyone wants to see...

Take care,

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: Watermark your photos

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 17:33

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Oh dear. That does make me nervous. God knows I bought enough impostors so I don't need anymore! That's for letting us know.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Just posted the old link for those who might like to read...

Laura