Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobtabler

Moved my Plumeria plants and seedlings

bobthewizard
10 years ago

So I decided this weekend that my plants were getting baked with the morning sun coming up in the East. They were getting cooked to the point of burnt brown crispy leaves. Kinda depressing... I was told that I should leave them alone and let the new leaves that come out try to acclimate to the heat and hardened to the full sun... But it doesn't appear that that's worked out so well so I have to rethink some things. Lately the sun is been up and shining full blast on those plants before 8 o'clock in the morning until at least noon with temperatures reaching 100� by middle of the day. I think that was too much.

So I move the big plants, or the bigger plants I should say, from the front of the house to the back area where we have a spa that we don't use. I put a shade cloth up to protect them from the heat (direct sun). My biggest one, in a 15 gal dark red pot, is on the west facing side of the house and will get afternoon sun, with some large trees overhead to help keep it from burning anymore.

Dark red pot... perhaps part of the reason it was cooking over there, eh?

Anyway, while I was doing that, I decided to rearrange the nursery for the seedlings that I started that I got a few months ago. As you can see in the picture it looks like half of them are probably going to pop up. I was really worried about the Kimi Moregne seeds, of which I had about 30 to start, but they are finally popping up. I have at least 10 of them started. Soaking all the seeds and then planting them made it take much longer than I expected to sprout, and the ones I floated, my Styrofoam boats, actually sprouted pretty quickly.

The "boat" sprouts are in the front left of the trays, or in the individual "pots" in the front. The other sprouts in the trays have popped up on their own, but it took about a month to do it.
{{!gwi}}

Laura... the seeds I got from you... only the "Possible VV" sprouted. I'm glad about that but I was hoping to see some from "Psycho". heh

Anyway... just thought I'd share...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm