Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nativec

Summer is almost over....no way!

nativec
10 years ago

Hope the season has been great for everyone! What a crazy busy summer! Is it just me, or does it seem like this season flew by? Since I've been away for a bit I've been quickly trying to read about everything I've missed on the forum. There's always good stuff going on and apparently I've missed a bunch! I see there is no lack of gorgeous blooms floating around these threads. Perhaps its been good for me to have been gone(it saved me from the enablers).

Speaking of enablers...ahem. It is amazing how many plants you "don't" add when you aren't exposed to the wicked ways of your forum friends...LOL I've been so good with keeping the plumeria population from exploding this year. I've only added about 12 or so(didn't do an EXACT count). I think this is in due in part to that fact that I've not been subjected to my #1 enabler from VB(Hi Laura! LOL) I do however owe someone from the forum a thank you for posting Toba's Fire a.k.a. Embers, just had to add that one! I'm still wondering what happened to Greg the Enabler, has anyone seen him around? He gives Laura a run for the money in the enabling department!

This season has been loaded with more growth than blooms for me this year but I am thankful for growth! I didn't have any issues with that nasty plumeria destroying blacktip like last year so...hallelujah! And apparently spider mites don't take to fondly to Coco-wet, I've not had an issue the entire time while using it in my foliar fertilizer mix..yay!

Here is a bit of my season... My best to everyone!

The biggest surprise for me...JJ Purple Haze. The blooms are always changing, sometimes intense and sometimes soft and muted. And a pain to photograph!

See the spider? He's been watching over this plant for weeks!

Oh... and the evening shot! Can you tell I love this bloom! LOL

JJ Hearts Desire-great floral fragance! The jury is still out on this one.

JJ Purple Jack. Don't know why I didn't add this one before the color is stunning! Never could be captured as the true dusky purple that it is...bad photo

Remember this picture of Golden Sun that sat in my garage all winter? LOL Yes, it still makes me laugh!

Well I had planned to cut the inflo but forgot that too. It rooted and has been a fabulous bloomer!

And then there is Maya and her buddy....

He was a bit of a show off....LOL

New variegated...love this one. Rose Syrup, still leafing out and a bit lop sided :) Even under 50% shade cloth this girl gets sunburned. Sunblock required at all times...LOL

Lastly... JJ Fuji Mist which I've posted before but I just adore this one...the blooms can go from an intense magenta to a light grey lilac...gorgeous and the texture of the petals is lovely!

I think this post may be a mile long!

Side note: Simi if you read this I owe you a huge apology! You answered my question about locating Mr. Bill Moragne and I was off the forum. So sorry and thank you for responding! I know I'll get my hands on that guy next season:)

Comments (12)

• rox146
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

All such beauties...congrats! roxanne

• astrl
    10 years ago

Very nice!

astrl

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Absolutely stunning! I love all of them ! Well done!

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much everyone. Sorry I had no reds to share this year, hopefully next :)

Lynn- Golden Sun & Toba's Fire(Matt lists as Embers)came from Matt at 1-stop-aloha on eBay. Fuzzy lists Toba's Fire too. Good luck on your quest for orange. Check out the other orange Matt has offered Sunny Delight.

Nicole

• chuy415
    10 years ago

All so gorgeous!! love all the beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.

Chuy

• Kenny
    10 years ago

I believe Golden Sun and Embers are both Matt's seedlings. He did say Embers is not Toba's Fire when he first listed it.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Nicole...

I have missed you!!!

Really... MISSED you!!! I'm so glad it took my plant " man" to peek your interest in the Adenium forum. he is really " healthy eh? ;-)! LMAO!!!

I m afraid to post anywhere else since I might get banned... I'm laughing so hard right now... Only you could find my humor in this!! That's is why I had to share with you!! As well as my best friend!!! Thought about posting on another forum and the answer from my friend was... Well, go ahead!! Then I thought better. I will be nice... ;-)

Are you talking about moi? Enabler? MOI? No way... Imthinkmyou have the " enabler " gene. If you remember correctly, you emailed me about CC. And I bought it. Had to find it the. The Giant Aussie Orange.. Remember?

TOOOOOO. FUNNNYYYY!!!!!

Now, if you want me to help you... Lol, I will be more than happy to add to your collection!!! The pics you have
    Isted are all,beautiful!!! LOVE them all! I also have a fondness for LAVENDER. ;-). It take ,me to a special place the is near and dear to my heart... I love Lavender fields... They are so peaceful. One day I will find my way there..

haven't heard fromGreg, but I did get a message for. Another good friend that he is doing well and just very busy!!! So I will send him am email to let him know he is missed...

I am going to make a trip to Cali next year for JJ"s open house in July. I hope to see you out there., maybe we can get into some trouble together!!! Im Sure You will take good care of my needs....

Always enjoy seeing your pictures and hearing from you!! How is the" couple doing". I have shared that pic with a few friends and they always love it. I trimmed my man today and Im Sure he is OMG great!!!!

Your trees are so beautiful...

Thanks for all of the smiles and laughing that you,always give...

Such a wonderful lady!!! I can't wait to finally meet you!!!

Have a wonderful evening, Nicole!

Xoxoxo

Laura

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura- I laughed my tail off reading this! Wait a minute..so I have a tail!? LOL. I say post the "man" wherever you want! Nothing wrong with showing off healthy roots(wink).

You can bet that I will be at the open house next year with bells on! Screaming your name! LOL. I wouldn't miss it for the world! I'm already looking forward to the trouble we will find! I'm also thinking its good that I finally gave up the two seater, I can fit more in my car now that I have a back seat!

When it comes to the allegations of enabling, I'm going to deny it! LOL. Ah, just kidding... I owe the majority of my collection to some really wonderful enablers. It's strange how much purple/ lavender I added this year. Maybe because I only had Metallica and felt I needed to balance out all the reds I added last year. Did you notice how I claimed no responsibility for " being " an enabler?! Hee-hee!

The "couple" are doing well although I'm a bit annoyed that there haven't been blooms this year. It's been a different kind of year.

Thank you for convincing me to come back! I've missed it :). You are one persuasive lady! LOL

XO

Nicole

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

;-)

I am glad you are back!!!

Xoxo

Laura

• pcput
    10 years ago

Nicole, beautiful pics. Thanks for taking the time to post them. Nice!
    Peg

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Hey, Nicole, good to see you around again! Hope you've had a fabulous summer!

I see you're a big fan of purple :) They're lovely, especially Fuji Mist!

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Peg-thank you so much! It's great to see you around again :)

Jen-Its good to be back around! Here's the funny thing...I'm not a big purple fan! LOL I'm more of a red or orange kinda girl but for some strange reason my eye gravitated towards the purple's this year.

So glad you had a great vactation! Really loved all your photos!

Take care :)

Nicole