Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I pot these cuttings?

Posted by moonie_57 8 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 18:42

I have quite a few plastic bottles with cuttings rooting in them. None are -full- of roots so would these be okay to overwinter in the bottles and wait until spring to pot them up?

The one I'm really concerned about is Divine. It is in a smaller, 12 ounce bottle, only 4 inches deep. I was thinking about potting her in a 6 inch pot, or should I go ahead and put her in a gallon? OR wait until spring to do anything?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I pot these cuttings?

I'm glad you asked that as I was about to ask the same thing. Mine are still rooting so chances are by October or November they may have roots like that. Right now, they are just starting to grow leaves or at least have shiny tips.

o

Are those the cuttings from Derrick? The ones I got from him will stay in the bottles until next spring unless they do something miraculous! LOL

o

The ones leafing out and shiny tips are the ones I got from Aloha. They've been in the bottles for 4 weeks now. No visible roots yet, but I don't touch them or pick them up to see. I have them in 5 gallon pots, 4 bottles to pot. However, the ones I got from Derrick have only been in the bottles for a week---and I just ordered 12 more. LOL I'm figuring doing the heat mat for them. I have a room with sliding glass doors facing south so they would get sun daily (at least when the morning overcast clear up). Of course, here is SoCal we still have maybe a couple more months of 70 and 80 degree temps so they may just get started before having to bring them in. Trying to get a jump on next spring. :)

o

In my weather I would pot the one in the picture in a 2 quart black pot. Then it would go into a 1 gallon pot by the following june and probably a two gallon by this time next year.

o

k - thanks. I felt like it should be potted so I'm going to do that tomorrow.

Del - the weather has me somewhat confused. I'm sure it's just me, but it seems like signs of fall is coming sooner than normal. Even if we have cool weather, at Thanksgiving we are usually still wearing summer clothes.

So yeah, mine may need to be potted by then, too. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here