Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Pics Of My New Plumeria Protector...

Hello Everyone,

Here are a few pics form the new little one!!

Thank you all for your kind emails and well wishes..

They all mean so much!!

Peg,

You will see the blanket that you made for me and the little one. Thank you so much!! I love my Frogs, plumies and hibiscus.. ;-)

Also a cute poem from Peg.. It means so much now.. I could hardly read it without my eyes blurring over..

The love i had for my children

I thought i could give to no other

But God had a pleasant surprise for me

The day i became a Grandmother...

Thanks everyone..

Laura

First day

{{gwi:50793}}

Day two..

{{gwi:1211525}}

This one i had to share.. Have to love this!! LOL...

{{gwi:52930}}

Take care..

Laura

Comments (28)

• No-Clue
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

OMG Laura, what a PRECIOUS Prince!! He's so adorable I can't stand it. That's it I'm going to have to get a prince myself.

Congrats Laura, I'm soo happy for you!

• DelWH
    11 years ago

So CUTE! Congratulations.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

AWWWWWWHHHH!!! HE is so cute! Good looks must run in the family! I am so happy for your whole family. Just please make sure your not wearing yourself out ok! I know you Laura. You just go, go, GO! Like I told you today, Your not going to be good for anyone, if your not caring for yourself!!

Take care, and Congrats again!
    Andrew

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Congratulations to you and the whole family.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Can't wait till he visits at Gramma's and maybe you'll let me hold him. LOL So sweet. Speedy recovery K. Peg

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Very cute!! I'll need to keep my grand-daughters away. Laura, listen to andrew and take it easy.

Peg, very nice poem.

Congratulations again!!!
    Bill

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting! We expect updates periodically! I agree with Andrew. You need to take care of yourself too. Hope Mother is doing ok and recovering from c-section. Takes a while. Major surgery.

Also hope breast-feeding is going better. It takes a while for both Mom and baby to figure that one out. My wife and little K. were both so frustrated the first day or so. Glad we had a coach.

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Laura,

My warmest congrats on your family's new arrival! So happy for all of you :) Enjoy! Teach the little guy to love the plants LOL watering does get old sometimes, after all ;)

Greg

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Congrats on your new helper! What a cutie pie.
    Tally HO!

• citizen_insane
    11 years ago

Hi Laura,
    Congragulations. Very cute baby.
    tc.
    George

• nativec
    11 years ago

Oh Laura!!! My heart just skipped a beat. He is so precious!!! A perfect little Prince:) Congratulations!!!

Nicole

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

Such a precious little package. I'm so glad for you - that the family is together and everyone is OK and healthy!

Because it's probably my favorite book, I remember you once mentioning you favor St. Exupery's 'The Little Prince'. I'm guessing you'll be reading it to your little prince, even before he can understand the words - when he's still so young the sound of a soothing voice is part of the substance that helps to form the ties that bind. I remember doing that with my grandchildren. Good stuff, that. ;-)

I wrote a little prayer I think you might like. I'll send it along next chance .....

Congrats, L.

Al

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

All of you all are so wonderful...

Thank you so much for all the kind words and well wishes.

This has been such a difficult time for the family. My daughter has had a tough time last year with major health issues . We were surprised to hear of this special little one to be. The good Lord works in many ways, we are so pleased..

Lynn.. He is my "Little Prince" and i love him so much already. I never knew that this love could be any better for a grandchild. Simply amazing...

DelWH.. Many thanks!!!

Andrew.. You make me smile.. I will promise to take care of myself. When i go back to work, i will relax..LOL!!!
    Thank you for the kind compliment.. So nice!! : )

Hi K,

Thank you!!! You have such gorgeous girls.. You are one lucky dad. They already help you with the Plumies too! You will have to give me pointers.. LOL

Peg,

That will always be possible for you!! So nice to talk to you the other night, K really appreciates all that you did for her. i do as well. MANY thanks to you!! Still think of that beautiful poem... makes me tear up again.. LOL

Hi Bill,

LOL.. i bet your grand daughters are just beautiful.. LOL.. We can work out a deal!! LOLOLOL... Thank you!! You are so kind.. Hope the other little ones are doing well? My Hawaiian Air Plant is doing great. Mahalo!!

Hi Dave,

I am trying to get my rest, but it seems like im up every hour just like mom. She cn't lift the baby.. so i am the one to help feed, burp and change.. The chairs in those hospitals are not the most comfortble.. Lol.. It's all ok.. Worth every little ache.. ;-) I remember.. i had a c with my K.. it is hard.. Thank you!!

Greg.. I feel the warmth of your well wishes.. Thank you so much. I do appreciate them.. i am so happy... Life is wonderful right now..

Thanks Tally!! He is a cutie.. I guess every Grandma would say the same.. he just melts my heart., He smiled today, i know it was just gas..LOL, but i still think he was smiling at me.. : )

Thanks George! I can't even begin to express the love i have for this little man...

Nicole.. sigh... I agree, My Prince makes my heart skip a beat everytime.. ;-) I just love him so much!! Thank you...

Hi Al,

I am very partial to that book. St Exupery has a few other books that are just wonderful too! But, the "Little Prince" is a special classic that i will be sharing with my precious "little package" : )

You are so right, reading to them is such a special time to bond with little ones. I have these books and i will be reading them to my little man. So nice to know that you had that bond with your little grandchildren. Looking forward to the prayer... I have had many answered in the last few years.. Counting my blessings...

Thanks Al.

Thank You Everyone..

Laura

Thanks again

Original Author
    11 years ago

I just wanted to share a couple of pic on his first day at home.. 5 days old..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i love him!!! LOLOLOL.. ;-)

{{gwi:50794}}

These are for you K and for you AL.. so sweet....

Thank you for he prayer.. i read the one you sent to me on my email.. so beautiful and the way you have with words sre just amazing. This prayer means so much. Thank you for writing this one for us. i will have to post if you dont mind?

Here a few more pics..

Mahalo Everyone..

Laura

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Laura,

Please give the Daddy a chance to lose some sleep so you can rest! That's what Daddy's are for! After all, he had something to do with this little too!

Traci and I had no parents to help us out. I stayed in the hospital the whole time. Slept on a mattress on floor. Yes, your daughter can't lift the baby because of C-section, but HE CAN! He needs to chip and you need to step back. Hard I know!

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    11 years ago

Aww! He's so cute. Congrats on your new little boy Laura and daughter!
    Dar

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

He really is so cute!! I love him too! LOL

• elucas101
    11 years ago

He's absolute perfection Laura, congratulations!!! Give. Me. Those. CHEEKS!!! What a little snugglebug.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Dave.. LOLOL Dad is doing his part, believe me.. He is jumping when she wants anything. At the hosp. he was the day shift and i was the night shift. So, it worked out well. Traci has a good man... You do so much for your little K. I know how much you love her and what a good hubby you are as well. Oh.. Plumie dad too! ;-)

My son in law is one special man.. Coming home fom a war zone in AFtganistan,m sleeping in places that i cant even mention.. Seeing things he can't even talk about..then coming home to this reality.. WOW! He is adjusting so well.. especiallly with all he has been through.

Military life goes on. He is at work even as we speak.

82nd Airborne is so dear to my heart. The rest of the Brigade came home a few days ago.. Love being here at Base watching all of the cargo planes etc. Everyone has been wonderful. I can't even begin to say how nice everyone was at the hospital too.

Baby and mom are resting.. Daddy is at work and i have finished all of my duties.. : ) Now, time to plan dinner.. LOL...

I am doing well, but i will admit that im tired.. You couldnt stop me from being here anyway. : ) I love that i am needed and that is the best gift anyone could give to me.

i think Mona mentioned aabout military hospitlas.. i agree, we have seen our fair share of them the last year or so, and i have been very impressed...

I do give him lots of credit and he will and is doing a great job. I am a sideline coach right now.. Believe me.. I hear you!! i know that they have to learn and figure this all out, but i am in the background in case i have to step in and be a helping hand. Im glad i have that chance to be there. My parents were not there for me either when i had this.. so, i know how it is.

The best way to learn is for me to know they are adjusted at home and i will bow out here tomorrow. Im sticking to my plan.. even though i want to stay, its best for them to have their time. We do think alike .. : ) Believe me.. I want to step in all the time, but i don't.. it is hard not to, but that is how we/they learn..

Dar.. Thank you so much!!!

Lynn.. I will get back to you about that email.. ill be able tosend one to you later today. i haven't forgotten..
    Thank you .. Im glad you love him too! : ) He can have many Grandmas here... : )

Hi Emily.. Ill kiss those cheeks for you and give him an extra squeeze from you!! I love holding him and loving him. Mmmmm, what a feeling... I hae to practice what i tell my daughter tho. Let him get used to sleeping without holding him so much.. Oh, i have ahard time doing that. But, i get my time in. He is doing really well and sleeping in his bassinett soundly . He is one content big boy!!!

I can't wait to get home and see my Plumerias// LOLOLOL.. My hubby left a few days ago and called and siad that i had some open.. OMG.. Only you guys know what that does to me. I asked him which ones.. he said.. " I don't know, they are kind of red.." LOL.. Ill wait until i get home to see this surprise..

Just wanted to say Iam thinking of all of those lost and touched by what happened Sept 11, 2001. I was not in the air that day, but i was up that friday after we coud get in the air to rescue stranded crews points south of Norfolk..

Ill never forget..

I can see the glowing remaining bases of the towers as were were finally able to start landing into LGA in Oct of that year.

Being here on Base at Ft Bragg, makes me feel so honored to see these men and women who serve...

I love them all...

Take care,

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Gentle squeeze and luvy nuzzles!!

Laura - seeing pics of your little prince makes me just a little bit weepy... in a good way! Our grandbabies are always so special and there is nothing in the world like being a grandmother. The majority of us can probably smile at thoughts of our own grandmothers and the special bonds we have created. All of my grandparents are gone but my fondest memories are always of my Granny and her flamboyancy. Such a tiny little person with the biggest personality, wild print clothing and colorful turbans. She was woman ahead of her time!

Gas? No, I don't think so. Doesn't he frown and cry when he is not happy? So why does it have to be gas that makes him smile? It's not. It's the presence of G'ma Laura! :)
    What is he going to call you?

Such a little cutie! Snuggalumps!

Please, on this anniversary of 9/11, thank your SIL for his service to our country. There I go getting a little bit weepy again!

And an extra kiss for your DH when you get home... just because he actually looked hard enough to know that some have opened! :)

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mona....

I will give my son in law another hug and send your thanks to him. He is such a wonderful young man... Couldn't be more proud if he was my own son. But, i love him like he was mine.. : )

Your teary eyes are just a good hint of your kind spirit and good soul.. Thank you.

I wanted to post this beautiful prayer from Al...

Thank you AL.. You made me tear up too! : ) What a special prayer.. Im going to write both of these in his baby book. What a special prayer.. : )

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this gift of life, and for bringing our grandson into this world safe and whole. Please bless him unto you, keep him near to you, and help him grow to be loving, strong, and healthy in the radiance of Your love for all of his days. Amen.

Thank you Al...

Laura

• pcput
    11 years ago

Al - That's "beautiful" Al. Are you a man of the cloth? If not I think you missed your calling. The spirit is strong in you. I know that is very special to Laura with good reason.

Laura - "Little Prince" is getting cuter everyday. I know K and C must be very proud. They did a good job. It's a shame that the military doesn't do like the civilians and give Dad's time at home to bond. I know all to well as married to the Navy I had to deal with it too. Then my DD married a sailor too. You'd think she'd have known better. Her daughter was born while Dad was a sea so I had to play Dad. Your right Laura, spending the nights in the hospital isn't very comfy. Now all are home safe and sound and soon it will be parting tears as you come back home (drive safe). You will always have a special bond with him. Enjoy every minute as time passes all too quickly. Plants will keep but I'm sure that will be the sweet spot of getting home. Peg

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Oh, Laura - he's gorgeous! CONGRATULATIONS to all, but especially to the little man who was born into a wonderful family. Your heart no longer belongs to you - it belongs to the little man! You might as well sell some of your Plumerias now - you'll need the money to satisfy little man's wants - ask me how I know!!!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Ditto what Emily said! OMG! So beautiful, Laura. And the baby, too. :)

What a great reason to be tired. Hope K is recovering nicely.

• craftymama132001
    11 years ago

Laura, You've got a very special little guy there!!! He's adorable, and oh, so lucky to have a wonderful grandma like you!!! Enjoy him to the max!!! Rene'

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kay,

You are so right.. My heart has grown and I believe this little one has made room for more love than i could have ever expected. Didn't know my heart would feel quite like this. Feels so good!!

I guess i will have to find a way to keep the Plumies and still give this little one some of the things that he wants!! I only waant to spoil in small amounts...LOL (Right..)

There is no doubt about how much fun it will be to give them certin things.. then "send them home" I 'll have a smile on my face the whole time as my daughter gives me the "eye" LOLOL

Bill had mentioned... Love them and when they start to act up...they go home!! LMAO!!!

Jen..You always find a way to make me smile.. Thank you!!

I just talked to her and all is fine. I came home and they are adjusting to being the cute family now...

Hard to leave them, but it was time. Thanks to my Best friend for helping me along the drive home.. I couldnt stop the tears.. ;-)

Thank you for all of your support. I need to email you soon. You are a great mom and your little one is so lucky to have you!!

Hi Rene!! Nice to see you!! : )

You're a sweetie too! Thanks for coming over and taking a peek!! Thank you for everything you do...

I will enjoy him to the max!! Just told DD to send more pics..LOL..

Thanks Again,

Laura

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Congratulations, Laura! A beautiful child, indeed!

Sorry, lately I don't get on GardenWeb as often as I used to, (caught up in overseas business, as you know,) and the Plumeria forum even less. Mike told me your daughter had had the baby, I searched the Plumeria forum and found your thread...

All the best,

Christopher

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Hi Laura, I'm late to the game on this one, but this is awesome news- what a beautiful child. Very happy for you and your family....

Take care :)
    Brian