Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a question about cold nights/

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 18, 09 at 19:19

Can a combination of watered plumerias and cool nights cause the death of them?
The days are very warm, even hot on my roof by day, to the point that they dry out fast.
But if a water that day and then at night it is very cool, am I asking for trouble?
Will the cool nights cause rot if they are watered although the nights get very warm? Are they still taking full advantage of the water in the soil with this type of enviroment?
Should I stop watering them, even make sure rain doesn't get to them when nights get below the 50's?

For instance, they were so dry this am the leaves were starting to droop in the hot sun. then I watered them. Now the pots are damp, and it will be in the 50's tonight...low 70's tommorrow...

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mistake in typing

Typo error as usual....Instead of saying,

"although the nights get very warm", I meant to say very cool,,,,Sorry

o
RE: I have a question about cold nights/

Wet/damp & cool spell rot. I'm not a Plumeria expert, but know it is trouble. I've been bringing mine in at night. I put them out in the day, water them well but bring them in. The nights in NY are too cool - 40's and prediction for frost on Sat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here