Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it Growing or Dieing?

Posted by newplanter12 none (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 11 at 19:30

Hello all. I was just in hawaii about a month ago and I bought a plumaria cutting. I planted it not that long after we got home and now a month later I cant tell if it is showing signs of new growth or if its dieing. Please let me know what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it Growing or Dieing?

another photo

Here is a link that might be useful: plant2

o
photo

another photo

Here is a link that might be useful: another photo

o

Yikes....it looks like game over. You can try and cut the tip off...remove all black/brown material expose to clean/live area where white sap is found. Use clean instrument and cut at slight angle and put in dry place to heal. NO WATER until leaves start showing.

o

That is a rot and needs to be cut down to green wood (no black or dark brown)and cut at a slight angle. You can seal after it dries with spackle or tub and tile sealant. Leave it be and hope it does not continue down the plant. if caught soon enough it can be saved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here